Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Do you think the inner guard should be aggressive to any outside the cabal?
Yes? 61%  61%  [ 11 ]
No? 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Cabal Inner Guardians
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:11 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Walthur
I don't know why this has changed, or even if but I made this post to check. Why do the inner guards no longer attack those who are not in said cabal. I think the idea that they attack on sight was excellent, I hope it hasn't changed. Maybe make it so they dont attack if newcomer is in the cabal members group and attack if not .... but I do like having the guardian being an agrro NPC. it makes capture of the relic far easier if not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:31 am 
Mortal

I think it was changed when diplomacy went in, or shortly after, so that it was not aggro to those you are allied with. I could be wrong though. If I'm not wrong, I think it is nice that the guardian recognizes allies and will not attack them when they are trying to help defend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:43 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

I didn't answer because neither option is suitable. I agree with Ilae. The inner guardian should only be aggressive to those that are at war with the cabal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:52 am 
Implementor

The way it's supposed to work is that allied faction members are not attacked. All other "strangers" or enemies within the HQ should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:30 pm 
Mortal

That's not always happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:12 pm 
Implementor

Might be a script error with one of the guardians. I'd need to know which one wasn't working right and who they attacked. A log of the incident would also probably be helpful. Obviously not something you can post here. Send an email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:02 pm 
Mortal

I'd argue for fixing it the other way. Inner guardians shouldn't be aggro to anyone.

Because the inner guardian areas are so well-protected, they easily become repositories for items. If a cabal wants to hoard junk, so be it. However, the same mechanics that protect a relic shouldn't be helping them.

If an inner guardian needs to attack on sight for balance reasons, perhaps the guardian could also junk whatever items are in the room.

Post subject: guardians
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:06 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Walthur
i hadnt realized it was set up now to attack enemies and not allies, thats good I like it.
I have tho experienced once lately a group that entered and wasnt attacked. Might have had to do with a certain cb skill/spell Ill check it out more before bothering anyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Inner guardians do in fact attack anyone besides allies of the cabal. I've never seen an instance of this not happening, except with ethereal chars or if the guardian for whatever reason can't see the opponent.

Forsooth wrote:
I'd argue for fixing it the other way. Inner guardians shouldn't be aggro to anyone.

Because the inner guardian areas are so well-protected, they easily become repositories for items. If a cabal wants to hoard junk, so be it. However, the same mechanics that protect a relic shouldn't be helping them.

If an inner guardian needs to attack on sight for balance reasons, perhaps the guardian could also junk whatever items are in the room.

While I agree that we need no system that helps hoard eq.

1. With no pressure getting the eq is ridiculously easy.
2. The current way the inner guardian helps protect cabal members and encourages people to defend the keep. I've seen ppl camp out at the inner guardian to try and delay attackers as long as possible, and i think that is a legitimate tactic. Not mkaing the inner guardian aggro just makes ppl less likely to stay and defend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:36 am 
Mortal

Adder: You are not correct. I was just recently killed in the Inner Guardian and the Guard did not attack the attackers. I ran to him because I thought that I would be safe and it turns out that I was not. I do not have a log of his but perhaps some of the Harlies do. The Midnight Inner Guard is not attack ememies.