Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Should PAR tags be evenly distributed amongst Light-Grey-Dark?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:08 pm 
Mortal

I just like to point out awesome rpers like Lyara, Ishtara, Chacorin, who where paragons. They definetly didn't get it because of longevity.

/Sarcasm.

And I know once I make paragon on my characters rewards drop sharply. But thankfully the imms are picking up on that slack now. :devil:

I don't know about this favoritism you talk about. I haven't rewarded a cabal member in two months, and only one other grey aura in this month. The rest where all lighties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:49 pm 
Mortal

Personally, I don't expect to ever hit par, no matter how long I play my character. Like most people I have my good days and my bad. It's easier for me to have a good day when I'm more rested than when I'm tired. *note* Last night wasn't a good day, although I hopefully RP'd myself back out of it in the end.

When I do receive enlights and then get a tell ooc saying great job, I don't sit and think wow, do I have enough to get Par next month? I think kewl, someone else enjoyed the RP. It also means I'm progressing in a more positive direction with my RP and improving.

I know I'm not the best played Barbarian out there, I'm also not the best leader out there either, but I am determined to get better and continue learning and try to let some of the frustrations of leader slip away without affecting things too severely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:57 pm 
Mortal

I think you are doing a great job on improving on both accounts, ThunderWolf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:08 pm 
Mortal

Thanks, let's see if both of us feel the same after the weekend. :lol:

*winces at the thought of the future*

Post subject: Re: PAR tags
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Ilae wrote:
Adder wrote:
buxtehude_sorethumbe wrote:
That would be a nightmare, primarily for the staff,

I can be optimistic, can't i? I don't think it'd be that time consuming relatively. Just take the top 5 chars by enlights in each class and poll the IMMs. Once they select a player, that person would be par till they become inactive, their RP changes, somebody new enters the top 5 (at which point you'd only need to review the new guy), or one of the other top 5 players has been demonstrating a remarkable amount of outstanding RP.

Ah, but then you have the populace crying favoritism on who gets PAR. What I'd love to is a PAR each alignment rather than class.

Once again, i'll state that the PAR flag does not grant the player any advantages. It only made my life more stressful. It was a good feeling to be able to reward ppl i thought RPed well, but beyond that i received no compensation for my duties.

Skaman wrote:
First off I think that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. No offense but longevity really has very little to do with wether or not you get PAR.

I'm with trag here. Active and public chars will naturally rack up more enlights over the years than ppl who just started. For instance, Syuveil took merc PAR from Aurius, who went inactive with allegedly around 40 enlights. I took merc PAR from Syuveil when he deleted near age death with 20? enlights. If Aurius had stuck around nobody would ever have been able to take merc par from him, unless i was able to rack up 25 enlights- which would have taken MONTHS, especially since pars do not usually reward the same person for a long time.

Quote:
I don't know about this favoritism you talk about. I haven't rewarded a cabal member in two months, and only one other grey aura in this month. The rest where all lighties.

Again, my experience has been similar to trag's. My first 8 enlights went to ppl outside of my cabal- 6 of them enemies or neutral parties. Enlights are monitored, so i think the potential for favoritism is relatively small. Some guy might give an enlight to every person in his cabal, but he's not likely to give them 2 in any sort of short-term period (read: several months).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:35 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I am unsure to why should a paragon be chosen out of his class since it is Role play involved and not how good you are with your current skillset

Why dont we get paragons for each race, sometimes (especially non human/helfs) that is what makes the difference in a role play session

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:50 pm 
Mortal

As far as I can see my current, and most recent, cabal situations have been at least slightly different than all of you that responded to my post. To be more precise I don't think I've been in a cabal with any of you. With that said I think most of you might want to become a bit more informed as to what goes on in other cabals before you judge. I've been in the company of people admitting to giving people enlights to bump others out of the PAR slot because they don't like them or have held on to them for so long. IMHO I think, and would like to think others think, elnights should come as they see fit, as RP happens.

As for Dalamar's comment, I consider myself an above average RPer, yes. The scale as to which one measures themself can and does shift quite often with the quality of players. I've never made PAR and don't really care to. Like someone said it's majority responsibility. I'd rather focus on other things like making GM soon and mastering my skills and spells. When it comes down to it, though, I consider my understanding of the game and it's dynamics a bit better than those of a random player. I may not know where all the cool places are to train or how to hit GM in 25 hours or where all the leet eq is. However I'm a flippin OCD when it comes to english and grammer when I play SK and LOOOOVE RPing more than anything else. I consider myself a bit above average. Oh no. Considering my self esteem is the size of a blasted lima bean in all other areas I'd almost consider that a leap in my own life.

I'm not saying longevity has NOTHING to do with PAR. I just think other things SHOULD take top priority over longevity. Really it should. I have no yern to make PAR so it really doesn't matter, I guess. I really don't care, especially about what others think. Longesvity might help but I think creativity and understanding of SK should trump longevity. Otherwise, if we put into what Joran says, any idiot could start a character and stick with it for 6 months and hog the PAR slot. Dumb!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:49 pm 
Mortal

Imm's are more likely to listen to you based on the number of flags you have aswell. If you have an HF, group leader, and PAR flag your going to be able to change the game more. I've been told by three IMMs atleast that having a PAR flag gives them far more trust in your capabilities as a player.

I once got necro hero for ALL ooc rewards. (writing a desc, finding various typos, and one major bug)

When I got in an ooc fight with someone the IMM's judged in my favore since I was a PAR.

I think it's a bit broken, but I have no suggestions for how to fix it.