Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Should PAR tags be evenly distributed amongst Light-Grey-Dark?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: PAR tags
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:40 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

I really like the concept of the PAR tag but I think I have only seen one lightie have a par tag while I have seen 6 darkies with par tags. I think each of the light-grey-dark should only have a set amount of par tags so that others get a chance to show off their good rp. It is hard for a lightie to get a darkie to notice their good rp because of the fact they most likely won't ever be in the same room together unless they are about to be ganked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:48 pm 
Mortal

Is there currently a set limit to the total number of Paragons allowed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:58 pm 
Mortal

Yes. One per class.

Peace,
Bux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:02 pm 
Mortal

Then definitely, the honor needs to be balanced over the different auras, too and/or the limit needs to be raised to achieve a more balanced result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:06 pm 
Mortal

By the inherit nature of classes, lighties will always have one PAR and darkies will always have two (paladin, hellion, necromancer).

Right now, there are more darkies than lighties, so I'm not suprised that many of the PARs are held by them. The pbase shifts around like waves, though, and if you stick with your character it is bound to be the other way soon enough.

I think timezone is a bigger concern than aura.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:39 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
I agree with Benzo. Dark will always have necro hellion as light will have pallie.

Now, i dont really see a reason to distribute the PAR's evenly, since it's purely based on RP and rewarding, than balancing the game at any level.

IMO always. So, no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:58 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
It really isn't based purely on RP. Someone once said that paragons have become 'incestuous' institution. I think that's a pretty accurate description.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:11 pm 
Mortal

Its also longevity. If you can keep your character long enough you are bound to get paragon sometime.

It also depends on your rp and its quality. Are you one to always react to rp, or do you make rp. Those that make rp, tend to get noticed when reward time comes around more then those who just react to other's rp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:31 pm 
Longevity is a good factor. As well as number of rewards a character has. And finally, activity. I don't think you'll see somebody replace Frollith as a priest paragon until he deletes. Or he decides to go heavily inactive.

One question you need to ask is, are the lightie equivalents RPing as well as the darkies? IE are white aura mercenaries doing a better job at it than dark aura mercenaries? Another problem is that darkies and lighties tend not to RP with one another unless it's involving PK. So unless there's good RPK there probably won't be a reward from light to dark or vice versa. And most of the rewards that are handed out are from Paragons themselves. So try to get noticed. If you don't show good RP around a paragon then they're not likely to reward you.

But then again there's the age old problem of being an attention [REDACTED] :wink:

Post subject: Re: PAR tags
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:59 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
First off, i don't consider the number of enlights a good way to judge the PAR. My personal opinion is that the imms should select them using all the data at their disposal- both personal interaction, seeing them RP, and the number of enlights. Since being a PAR doesn't really make you "better" in any way i fail to see how favoritism could be called into play that much. PAR is more responsibility than reward. In fact, it's all responsibility. What rewards? :evil: Thanks to the "nepotism will be punished" line in the help file PARs rarely get rewards from each other.

Having said that, i don't think they should be evenly distributed among aura. Assuming they're the best active rpers out there for that class (a big assumption, but that's what it's supposed to mean at least) it should be the best available, not the best based on aura.

Muktar wrote:
I really like the concept of the PAR tag but I think I have only seen one lightie have a par tag while I have seen 6 darkies with par tags. I think each of the light-grey-dark should only have a set amount of par tags so that others get a chance to show off their good rp. It is hard for a lightie to get a darkie to notice their good rp because of the fact they most likely won't ever be in the same room together unless they are about to be ganked.

While I do agree with that to a certain extent, it's hardly impossible. Sorel got 1/2 of his known rewards from darkies.