Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Should PAR tags be evenly distributed amongst Light-Grey-Dark?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:01 pm 
Mortal

I think anyone who's said bye-bye in the afterlife thread shouldn't be PAR. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:53 pm 
Mortal

At least in my own experience, it generally takes less RP to get a reward from the opposite auras. A few good RPKs, a long conversation...these things from someone you don't get to interact with much may weigh just as heavily as a consistant well-done interaction from someone of the same aura. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that - if anything, it encourages more RP across the aura gap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:10 pm 
Then lighties should RP better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:24 am 
Mortal

My personal opinion. Leave the system alone. Rewards don't get kept to respective aura.

Its fine the way it is. In a few months most of the PARs will be lighties.

sleeper

Post subject: Re: PAR tags
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:39 am 
Mortal

Adder wrote:
My personal opinion is that the imms should select them

That would be a nightmare, primarily for the staff, which, if things haven't changed all that much over the years, is probably stretched thin as it is, and secondarily for the players, who'd end up getting overlooked by an overextended staff. Given a well-populated staff with unlimited time and total coverage around the clock, perhaps having a manual PAR review process would make sense, but as that likely isn't, nor will ever be, the case, automation is the name of the game. It's one of the reasons heroes were replaced with paragons -- too much bias, not enough objectivity, too much personal involvement required on the part of the IMMs.

Peace,
Bux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
buxtehude_sorethumbe wrote:
That would be a nightmare, primarily for the staff,

I can be optimistic, can't i? I don't think it'd be that time consuming relatively. Just take the top 5 chars by enlights in each class and poll the IMMs. Once they select a player, that person would be par till they become inactive, their RP changes, somebody new enters the top 5 (at which point you'd only need to review the new guy), or one of the other top 5 players has been demonstrating a remarkable amount of outstanding RP.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:36 am 
Mortal

Adder wrote:
buxtehude_sorethumbe wrote:
That would be a nightmare, primarily for the staff,

I can be optimistic, can't i? I don't think it'd be that time consuming relatively. Just take the top 5 chars by enlights in each class and poll the IMMs. Once they select a player, that person would be par till they become inactive, their RP changes, somebody new enters the top 5 (at which point you'd only need to review the new guy), or one of the other top 5 players has been demonstrating a remarkable amount of outstanding RP.

Ah, but then you have the populace crying favoritism on who gets PAR. What I'd love to is a PAR each alignment rather than class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:38 am 
Mortal

These suggestions are one of the reasons Heroes were removed from the game.

Leave it as an automated system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:34 am 
Mortal

Joran Tulelan wrote:
Its also longevity. If you can keep your character long enough you are bound to get paragon sometime.

First off I think that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. No offense but longevity really has very little to do with wether or not you get PAR. I consider myself an above average RPer. An RP [REDACTED], if you will. Persistance, ingenuity, creativity and knowing the game dynamics pretty well will get you PAR MUCH faster.

And secondly I think there is/was alot of favoritism going on amongst PAR. Mostly darkies. Thus the rut the PARs have fallen into. IMHO some of the current PAR really don't need to be PAR. *plink* *plink* My two copper.

And last but not least I do not think PARs should be evenly distributed amongst grey/dark/light auras. That's ALOT of enlightenments going around. I would think that might have a pretty hefty impact on the game. Good or bad I do not know. All I know is there is much more of a chance of some idiot getting PAR and making more work for everyone else. If it ain't severly broke, don't fix it.....I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:23 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Skaman wrote:
What rewards? Thanks to the "nepotism will be punished" line in the help file PARs rarely get rewards from each other.

Actually, unless something has changed in the past ~6 months since I left the pantheon, PARs get plenty of rewards from each other.

Skaman wrote:
First off I think that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. No offense but longevity really has very little to do with wether or not you get PAR. I consider myself an above average RPer.

But then again, most people consider themselves above average players in one aspect or another.