PK >=< RP?
PK r00lz RP 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
RPK r00lz <----No such thing ;) 50%  50%  [ 18 ]
RP r00lz <-----This does not mean I like it 33%  33%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: PK or RP?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:20 am 
Mortal

Seriously now? What is more fun? talking to your friend about a fountain, or going out and killing someone and taking their lewt. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:23 am 
Mortal

A little of both.

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:24 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
I like both equally. Depends entirely on my mood and who is around. Some people are fun to PK with/against. Some people are fun to RP with/against.

And sometimes it's equally fun/relaxing to just sit alone and enchant/brew or to go exploring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:25 am 
Mortal

Just because you can't PK Dalamar :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:25 am 
Mortal

I play RPGs (not cRPGs of course) for the RP, since the action can be found in more visual, audible and gameplay-related environments, but RPK is definately one of the MUD's best, adrenaline-filled moments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:56 am 
Mortal

I'd play Unreal Tournament if I just wanted to kill stuff. And RP would be boring beyond belief if choices had consequences limited to 'well we won't be your drinking buddies if you're evil, dude'.

RPK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:17 pm 
Mortal

Oh.. I remember the days when you could sit at exiles fountain, here debates of religous ideals, a hellion and paladin may cross paths, call each other out and have a fight there in the squire. Or when even gods themselves would fight in great flashes across the sky.

I miss those days *sniff* It seems like the mud has gotten SO much more PK orriented since I came back, and Cabals have lost alot of thier mysticisim and look less like the Elite of RPers, leaders of nations, and such, and more like groups to go out and PK and hoard loot with.

I also remember the days when random NPC animation was common place. Flodnag (old temple healer) in Menegroth had a chance of coming to life anytime anyone was talking around him. Same with Devan (old healear in Tas). I've had a NPC talk to me like three times since I came back, mostly religious stuff (Kudos Sadr) and the global RP that Dabi was doing (KUdos there too) but not just because people were sitting around talking.

Of course.. How often do you see people sitting around and talking in Menegroth anymore? Not often. It's one reason I don't play my menegorthy necro much anymore. Often (though not always) when your in a room with others, they are totally silent, no emotes, no says, not even an ingnore social. I've even had a couple of Paragons snub me like this. Thinking I might get some decent RP only to see them unmoving unblinking as NPCs. Probably sitting there cbing to each other on who this guy decked out in crappy gear was, should they kill him, or leave him be.

*sigh*

/golden age syndrome :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:45 pm 
Mortal

People are still -trying- to find other ppl to do what you just described. Have faith, I'm not giving up so easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:09 am 
Mortal

I prefer talking to fighting all the time, but when folks get riled up and attack before you even have a chance to say Hello? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:37 am 
Mortal

Radamanthys wrote:
People are still -trying- to find other ppl to do what you just described. Have faith, I'm not giving up so easily.

Old Mother Hen Syndrome:
They all expect bread when they complain how hard to do & avoid/don't want to do/don't do, and yet whine badly when they are just as readily left out of things because they have done nothing to create that environment/bread themselves.

It doesn't help when some generate the RP but can not accept the consequences of actually following through and defending the IC philsophies/beliefs of a character with a fair exchange of blood and gore.
If you wanted to create a character that no one would have a reason to kill.. don't role play having a religious affiliation, patriotism, cabal idealistic vision. Don't be visible anywhere conflict would occur. The kingdoms are shattered. When terrorism, tyranny, and opression reign heavily, I would not expect the fountain of a city seeking independence, liberty or justice to necessarily be a SAFE PLACE.

Put the jaded visions away & accept the consequences of your roleplay. If you can't accept that you've just been PK'd, RP and take the time to discover why, gather allies, launch a counter attack, report the crime... or you can just come here. Should take the time to work on the PK tactics and RPK as opposed to coming here and pecking about the keys like a chicken. ;)

Carita