Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Is the Summon spell fine as it is?
Poll ended at Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:29 pm
Sure, it's the best way to kill someone. Fun, too (for the one who does it). 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
It is OK, but wouldn't mind PK demanding and involving more than that. 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
No, it's not. "You deserve to die if you can get summoned" sounds like an excuse for people to use it whenever possible to me. 44%  44%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:06 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

I'd like a "I'm a lamer who doesn't know much about anything but I would still like to see the results come up automatically each time I revist this thread" option for this poll, please. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:13 pm 
Mortal

I'll keep that in mind for the next onte, wert. :D

Hmm, if that only didn't mess up the percentages for the other choices...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:31 pm 
Mortal

I've always been of the "There's no such thing as overkill" mentality that you're referring to nothinxs. I however do get bored of the same tactic over and over and over and over again. I'm not one of the "scrubs" you're artical talks about that whines because they have chosen not to learn every aspect of the game. I personally can avoid summon and make myself as immune to it as you can. I just think its rediculous that everyone should have to. I think of summon more along the lines of the "broke" section in that article.

To me summon is an imbalance in the game. It results in free kills with no challenge. Gate however evens the challenge and the chances for both sides as best as you can when it comes to forcing a conflict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:36 pm 
Mortal Contributor

My point is that summon is broken, but it's there, and while it's there you'd be kind of stupid NOT to use it.

Does it need fixing? Of course it does, but until then you had better be afraid of it and you had better be using it when the situation calls for it being the smart move. Anything less and you're not trying hard enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:32 pm 
Mortal

Oh come on, Sklz's neromancer was doing it all the time, so when we did it on him a few times and he felt the sting it was removed from the Peacekeeper NPCs because of -"abuse"-. Heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:58 pm 
Mortal

nothingxs wrote:
My point is that summon is broken, but it's there, and while it's there you'd be kind of stupid NOT to use it.

Does it need fixing? Of course it does, but until then you had better be afraid of it and you had better be using it when the situation calls for it being the smart move. Anything less and you're not trying hard enough.

I want NothingXS back on SK. Image

I think the only way it'll get changed is when an imm's mortal alt gets the summon gank a few times, or someone reasonably trusted/accomplished with a history of paragons or something. Just like how paladins got their call armor + nimbus + dodge. Hellions still without parry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:18 pm 
Mortal

Minette, are you serious? I've had PAR with all my four main chars (and held it with the three of them, this one still's got to show), and most IMMs are completely indifferent towards me! They might actually rush to do the opposite of what I would beg them to. :D

I think you're looking for "someone who's a good buddy with most IMMs". But yea, you're right on the next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:40 pm 

There's nothing like a good summon kill to splatter all those hard core pkers who are to 'elite' to be taken down in normal pk all over the walls of a nice closed room.

Nothing bring me more pleasure then to watch them cry and moan about how unsportsman like it is and how sick and pathetic the player that does it is, when each one of them saying that has summon killed me.

Sort of reminds me of how Nashira used to have nothing but contempt for summon kills and low and behold Dimmel summon kills half the mud. As soon as people cannibal start playing casters it will be the same thing. I can just hear him now saying;"If they are to chicken to fight or hide behind bounty NPCs that I have to spend 30-40 minutes fighting just to get into decent postion to summon then I have every right to summon them."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:52 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Forums_ID wrote:
There's nothing like a good summon kill to splatter all those hard core pkers who are to 'elite' to be taken down in normal pk all over the walls of a nice closed room.

Nothing bring me more pleasure then to watch them cry and moan about how unsportsman like it is and how sick and pathetic the player that does it is, when each one of them saying that has summon killed me.

Sort of reminds me of how Nashira used to have nothing but contempt for summon kills and low and behold Dimmel summon kills half the mud. As soon as people cannibal start playing casters it will be the same thing. I can just hear him now saying;"If they are to chicken to fight or hide behind bounty NPCs that I have to spend 30-40 minutes fighting just to get into decent postion to summon then I have every right to summon them."

I'm willing to put money on me leading a group of 9 and rushing the hell out of "hiding people" pretty well given my groupies know the basics of PKing properly. Particularly if my enemies are darkies and I'm a mercenary. Then I can pull an nxs, and we all know fighting always goes downhill from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:17 pm 
Mortal

I've played a priest and a necromancer. And anyone who has pk'd with cilek, grimbold, or cthugan knows that I have absolutely no qualms with running head first into a city and smashing the place. There is no hiding behind bounty NPCs in my book, ill come after you or die trying anyway. Thats a proven fact.

They also know that I don't support my people using summons. Cthugan was an adept and I still didn't allow summon killing in my group unless destrivai or someone higher ranked than me ordered it.

So no, you're wrong.

And I've been summon killed many times, even on my current character. I don't manifest and give you the satisfaction of hearing me whine and complain about how you suck and blah blah. I hunt your [REDACTED] down and kill you. Every person who was involved in the last summon killing of me has been since hunted down and killed and full junk looted by me with a warning about summoning me.

I don't get mad, I get even.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next