Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do you think bards should be able to shield block?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 24 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:31 pm 
Mortal

I have often beaten mercs/barbs with my bard and specific cabal skills, as long as they did wear a weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:33 pm 
If that's not a reason for bard-nerfing, I don't know what is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:30 am 
Mortal

Juggernaut won by tripping to add lag to the opponent, so just fly and you have it covered. If they persuade to land, run before they trip you.

If you are alreayd in combat I doubt they would want to waste the time to persuade you to land since it will lag the bard and he cant do much while the merc is beating on him.

Wont last too long then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:44 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

A bard cannot persuade while in combat. If it was cabal skills that helped juggernaut to win. That isn't the same as beating someone without those skills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:11 am 
Mortal

Actually, it was a variety of things. The only cabal skills that affected battles in my last 2 bards were one that raises possibilities to dodge, and one that raises your stats somehow, you understand what I mean I guess.

Good dodging, in combination with a specific song, aided me against mercs/barb, so I would avoid their bashes. Tripping is a good choice if you can have it, but the most important factor was disarming and disarming again with a perfect timing.

However, the most accurate comment I heard, was the one that said that bards are an "all or nothing" class in solo PK. The timing in PK is extremely essential for bards. One good timing can give you a great advantage, while one delay or rush can imply your doom.

For certain, bards can easilly own swasies, rogues, paladins, hellions, mages, warlocks and casters in general etc. Mercs and especially (griffon) barbarians are their GREATEST danger by far, since bash can own their face if they are in the 1st row, and against a merc/barb played by a smart player, they can only hope to escape if they are in the 2nd row.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:14 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

The warlock one is a little harder than most casters. Since, it is almost a given that there will be an elemental. Which is hard for a bard to defeat, although not totally. There is a little more luck with that one than the other casters. Actually, thinking about it. Necromancers with a horde of undead is never beatable by a bard. The only thing a bard can do about it is to make sure that the undead don't attack and flee. Although, that is much the same case for most other classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:42 pm 
Mortal

Charm person for sorc, dominate for hellion, ele for warlock, undead for necro, bought pets at least in part for almost everyone... bashes galore. Priest, pally and shaman spells = hard to kill fun I doubt a bard can take down so easily. Figure out the rest yourself, I'm tired of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:50 pm 
Mortal

If a mage knows the bard is coming.... he's dead. Even with songs of silence.

It's all about the element of suprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:59 pm 
Mortal

Fepel Veiled wrote:
If a mage knows the bard is coming.... he's dead. Even with songs of silence.

It's all about the element of suprise.

It is all about the element of surprise, but in regards to a mage beating a bard, it's all about whoever plays the bard and whoever plays the mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:06 pm 
Mortal

Hah! Songs of silence are not the only way to own a caster. Even if he has a charmie, let's not forget that you can deprive him from the ability to order it. Especially for mages, if you are fast enough, you can even turn it against him. And as for necros... You don't have to run directly on them and melee with them to own them. If you think about it, it is very easy to figure out what I mean.

Enough with tips.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next