Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:39 am 
Mortal

Best tip to not being PKed into the ground is to not anger me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:38 am 
Mortal

I would like to point out that j-lootin', is not IC. You know damn well your taking a stab at the player.
Best way to keep people from bitching about there gear as soon as they die?
STOP THE J-LOOT TERRORISM BIATCHES!.
Actually doesn't happen to me much, but I do witness it a lot.
J-looting is the worst thing to do to a player. They spend countless hours training. Then countless more looking for equipment. A slap in the face that should be reserved for more serious matters. Hell, how many crimes do you have to commit in Exile before the law NPCs basically j-loot you? A hell of a lot more than what a PC punishes for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:46 am 
Mortal Contributor

Youma's likelier to junkloot than I personally am. He's a [REDACTED]. How is that OOC? o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:48 am 
Mortal

One. Is he in possesion of a forge to melt down all that equipment? Other tools for the appropriate mean of disposal for each peice. At least if your gonna explain it away, carry around the tools to do it.

Two. If he's a [REDACTED], take something of obvious value.

Three. Is he a [REDACTED]? Or is he an obssesed crazy man that would actually invest that much time flat out destroying the equipment of someone.

There is just an overtone of obssesive behavior that J-looting adds to the character that I feel most J-looters don't intend to portray with their character.

My point is that less characters would worry less about their gear when they die if they havn't been J-looted 3 times in the last week. It takes a long time to get equipment if your not in an elite group of players. *cough* So it's an obvious reaction for someone who just spent the last 20 hours getting loot instead of spending that time on something else productive, like work, or cleaning your house, etc. etc. Whatever you sacrifice your time for to play SK. So, yeah it sucks. The J-looter does it 'cause he knows it sucks, and the J-looted knows it happened 'cause they were supposed to know it sucks.

That's why I feel its OOC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:37 am 
Mortal

Quote:
I would like to point out that j-lootin', is not IC. You know damn well your taking a stab at the player.

This is not true. Junk-looting is the rational response to a foe who will be resurrected in a few minutes. The whole point of ICly killing a hero (PC) is to keep him out of action for a while. A thorough looting greatly increases that time.

For a paladin to not loot an Adept, just so the Adept can get back to murdering people faster, is arguably a blemishable offense. Inhibitions are only going to get lower as one's alignment goes darker.

Granted, this isn't something that should be done with every target, only real threats or hated enemies. It's also better form not to junk people's stuff right in front of them. But it's a legitimate tactic, whether you like it or not.

The best solution is to learn how to re-equip yourself quickly. You really don't need to have GM-level, enchanted stuff to play your character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:12 am 
I wonder if anyone would be happier if the gear worked like WoW. You pick something up, nobody else can use it. you die, you get rezzed with it.

The whining about jlooting would stop for about a week.

Then the whining about groups of people running arround everywhere and killing everything and anything that moves would start, as well as priests starting to delete due to being spammed with 200 rez requests from the victims of said groups, or from said groups themselves saying 'LOL the guards caught me and slaughtered me! Rezplz, i wanna try that again!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 am 
Mortal

I don't watch lighties or darkies heavily but i do witness non hammer non adept people J-looting each other. From low levels to gm. Most, sadly, have no response. And the J-looter responds to 'hey, that sucks [send through ic translation]' and thats that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:23 pm 
Mortal

Salak used to jloot everyone. That WAS his rp. Even had an emote for it and everything.

I hated running into him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:34 am 
Mortal

The only 100% sure way of avoiding pk....

Just don't log on.

My character when he gets ganked cries over the loss of his flowers, it's a very sad experience for him. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:20 am 
Mortal

True, legitimate tactics is one thing, but as B00ts said, low to mid levels outside any cabal/religion being jlooted by strangers is not. It happened to Zenchiyu all the time. There was nothing IC about that, Frollith. That's the point. Of course if you're at war with someone or you hate each other, there are reasons for it.

Jlooting slows down experienced players so little compared to those who can't find decent eq. They are the ones really harmed by jlooting, and not the experienced intercabal/tribunal enemies that will be decked in pretty decent eq in a few minutes. Don't forget that.

I never understood why this game requires you to be a hard-core gamer spending at least 3-4 hours online per day to have the right to enjoy PK (outside Tribunals/cabals) and still be able to come back for more later. Does anyone?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next