Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:19 pm 
Mortal

The arguement that SK doesn't have enough players to populate a new kingdom is [REDACTED]. That arguement was around when there were less active religions, half as many orginizations (no tribs), and before we lost all the good RPers.

Don't take me verbatim and make arguements sayign we still have RPers, I know. I'm just saying Dulrik said we don't have enough people to support another Kingdoms and the requisite cabal...then he made tribunals and divided the p-base in half.

I think the Deep Kingdom should be made with these two new factions...

Assassins of the Spider Clan (the cabal)
Skills:
Assassin Strike
Slight weapon speed increase stackable with fury, berserk, and haste. Not fifth attack. Just gives you a better chance to receive all your attacks. Having this skill trained you could actually get an addtional attack with a straight dagger if you had haste cast on you. Right now you can't.

Murder
A high-power opening attack similar to cleave. High chance for insta-kill. Target can not be still active from (or in) combat. Your pulse cannot be racing. Cannot be outlawed if the insta-kill goes off. Only works every twenty four hours, like conjure elemental. If this isn't steep- enough it would take 2 ticks of XP.

Spells:
Conceal
Like the camoflague skill, but only works indoors. One time cast duration spell. Spell length goes up with level.

Spider Familiar
Take out the candles from the Snow Temple in Ch'zzrym and give them to this cabal. This spell is similar to "conjure elemental".

Scry
Yup, works just like the Tower, accept no death walking. Scrying could only be done at full mana, of which it takes all.

The Triarchy of the Deep (the tribunal)
The tribunal formed fo the three dominate races of the deep. Each race will respect these emmassaries while in each others domains. Deep-elves could thus give dwarven soldiers commands and such and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:31 pm 
Mortal

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:39 pm 
Mortal

Look, as Alshain pointed out, these are three quite different cultures, two of which absolutely hate the third. A deep-tribunal doesn't make sense.

A cabal based around deep-elf religion might work - if you could flesh out the theme so it's not like the Adepts, if you could give it more reasonable powers, and if we needed another cabal in the first place.

The only idea in this thread I like is the language option, which would allow deep-elves to actually know deep language. I could see making it a character choice for all refugees/travellers where they get:

Native speech - mastered
Native writing - mastered
Current nation's speech - good
Current nation's writing - fair
Starting penalty - Starts with no XP, instead of the usual half-level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:15 pm 
Mortal Contributor

If you're going to do start with NO half XP, then dwarves, elves, gnomes and deep-elves need to start with full knowledge of both their racial and 'city' languages. For elves, this means they'll start with sylvan as a bonus language. For dwarves, gnomes and deep-elves, this means they'll start with deep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:45 pm 
Mortal

I second that. Why not simply create a few "newbie areas" in each of the major deep cities, so that not someone necessarily starts from there, but can visit and train there, like the newbie area in Elisair.

Perhaps make it that deep-elves get a less hazardous entry to Ch'zzrym than they do now, since they do already have such an area there, and simply build one for gnomes and dwarves accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:31 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Forsooth wrote:
I could see making it a character choice for all refugees/travellers where they get:

Native speech - mastered
Native writing - mastered
Current nation's speech - good
Current nation's writing - fair
Starting penalty - Starts with no XP, instead of the usual half-level.

I like this idea.

Sorry for the one-liner. It's late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:55 am 
Mortal

OVT Said: Crap

So give *ANY* class camo, a one day a use insta kill, scry....

What the hell are you? Re+arded or something? Next you'll want them to have mimic as well to avoid the law.

Camo + cleave... that's a fun one there. How about a sorcerer who can backstab? Or using the warrior to scry people because he doesn't need the mana anyway?

Way unbalanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:56 am 
Mortal

Wahahaha--Had to laugh at that -sick- cabal skillset. That's way too crucial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:19 am 
Mortal

Of course I'd over powered them. I also said I've been advocating this for FIVE YEARS. I'm used to people condemning the skill sets I throw out there without actually contributing anything. You also idn't even mention the fact that I had alternative spells in there anyway. The point was to inspire an idea to their skills.

Conceal would definatly need to make it in.

I could use the same OMIGOD OVER POWERED rant with all the cabals.

Full room blindness?! OMIGAWD!!?!

Treants?! OMIGAWD OVER POWERED EVERY BE WARLOCK!!

Infinite MANA OMIGAWD?!!

Make anyone that sings/cast spells useless!? OMIGAWD!!!

Naysayers, psh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:00 am 
Mortal

One Valiant Truth wrote:
Of course I'd over powered them. I also said I've been advocating this for FIVE YEARS. I'm used to people condemning the skill sets I throw out there without actually contributing anything. You also idn't even mention the fact that I had alternative spells in there anyway. The point was to inspire an idea to their skills.

Conceal would definatly need to make it in.

I could use the same OMIGOD OVER POWERED rant with all the cabals.

Full room blindness?! OMIGAWD!!?! <-- High concentation and high mana drain, able to be dispelled.

Treants?! OMIGAWD OVER POWERED EVERY BE WARLOCK!! <-- Requires a stave which expends a charge when used, power of treant is power of stave. No stave... no treant.

Infinite MANA OMIGAWD?!! <-- Anyone who has it, it is by no means infinite.

Make anyone that sings/cast spells useless!? OMIGAWD!!! <-- *one*, again with decent concentration/mana cost. I'd take no effort no fail camo indoors over AI any day of the frickin week.

Naysayers, psh.

Auto camoed, once a day cleave on *ANY* class? What the hell are you thinking. Also an assassin strike + haste + spec? Take something fast like throwing spear and see if you can get 6 if not 7 attacks with it now.

Think about the twinks, they will abuse it.

Scry + merc + nephrite = I can see you all the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next