Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Deep Realms?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:09 pm 
Mortal

I've been thinking a bit about this.

Deep Realms as far as I can tell are a kingdom like any other, it has a law system including various law NPCs to enforce it, along with the deep tongue/writing used across the "kingdom".
It has its own backround and history as far as I can tell although I haven't put alot of research into it, is there any reason it can't/hasn't had a newb area added to it so it could be used as another starting kingdom?
If I want to play a deep-elf/dwarf/gnome that had its entire backstory growing and living about the deep realms, shouldn't it be possible to start that char in the deep realms? And not have to make up some random excuse in the chars history to surface from its underground life to find a city where they can start the journey and another excuse why they somehow forgot how to speak 90% of the deep language?

I reckon it'd be a fun, interesting idea to implement the Deep Realms as a proper kingdom where you can create chars.

Any thoughts?

TBM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:19 pm 
Quote:
Any thoughts?

No pleasant ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:53 pm 
Mortal Contributor

This is an old Idea that makes the rounds on the forums every few moths or even every year. I'd like to see it happen. I don't know if it's on the list, but don't hold your breath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:42 pm 
Mortal

Orac wrote:
This is an old Idea that makes the rounds on the forums every few moths or even every year. I'd like to see it happen. I don't know if it's on the list, but don't hold your breath.

agree. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:22 am 
Mortal

yeah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:50 am 
Mortal

I guess, the size of the playerbase does not support another starting city/kingdom. If we'd see 120+ players online at peak time, it would be an interessting thought to go for Deep Realms as a starting nation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:19 am 
Mortal

No, as a matter of fact, I think the pbase CAN support another kingdom. I am certain that at least in its early days it will attract a lot of people in its tribunal, and anyhow, lots of characters would and could create from the deep realms as their kingdom anyhow. It might even attract interest off some cabals, and thus, empower the tribunal and THEIR RP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:39 am 
Mortal

That'd be a cabal in itself. I've always found most underground places to be a pain in the [REDACTED] getting around in. I'd avoid it like the plague. Safe to say, if they had a relic down there, I'd probably let them keep the damn thing and forget about all the trouble involved of going through like five mazes to get to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:40 am 
What you think is wrong, juggernaut. The game needs more players before it can support another kingdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 am 
Code:
count
There are 22 characters on, the most on today was 72.

Looks like the p-base is growing again but we should get around the 120-150 mark before making the deep a new starting kingdom.