All times are UTC - 8 hours

Good Idea?
Yes 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
No 70%  70%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Tribes/Player Groups
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:37 pm 
Mortal

I was just thinking, that maybe there should be a Tribe/Player Group thingie that works kinda like a Religion...but no symbols...and no God...so a person can go to a NPC and buy like a guild charter or something....and whoever signs it become part of the 'Guild' so like...If I went to him and "Buy charter 'Boy Scouts'" and I hand the charter to someone and they 'Sign Charter' they will be in the group Boy Scouts, and can use 'Who boy scouts' and it will show who all in that group is on...but no symbol...no objects even..unless you RP it out...and it could promote player interaction and such...so people could have Houses, Tribes, and whatnot...I just think it would be a REALLY good idea...but what do you think, please comment on why you voted whatever you choose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Briner, Senach, Myson, others.
I see this as an unnecessary addition to SK. Many people have done 'houses/tribes' without the need of a code to cement it together. The S'Hochi, D'Astae, and D'Narashal all come to mind in this instance, and with the exception of the D'Narashal, people werent allowed to just 'sign up.' You were either part of the family, which was handled oocly, or you were not part of it. Period. Furthermore, sign-up organizations, such as you suggested... would be called tribunals (and cabals, to some extent).

We have enough organizations as it is. We dont need to fragment the playerbase anymore than we already have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:22 pm 
Mortal

Ill have to agree with you, I do kind of see how houses wouldn't work to well in this situation, but what about Tribes...I mean sure you can make your own tribes and all..but wouldn't it be handy do be able to do a "Who Tribe" and see the people in your tribe? and also, it doesnt neccessarily have to be sign up...i was just using that as an example....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:53 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Briner, Senach, Myson, others.
Yes, it would be nifty to type "Who <keyword>" and pull up a list of everyone with that word in their title. For example, typing "Who Aldwynar" to see everyone in the Aldwynar house, but is it really worth taking time from other projects to code? No.

And I understood that what you listed were examples. I was merely suggesting that such examples were already in game. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:31 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Galstan/Cyril/Ulrich/Elar
It's a very good idea but a little impractical for SK in the current state of the mud. With less than 50 players online at time it's really easy to scan the who list for certain people.

It would be nice to custom make symbols though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:38 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Thanks to SKbase Zmud settings I have a way to do exactly this with my mud client. That's probably the best you'll be able to do.

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:55 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Idea based off of what was suggested. Since, this is only an rp thing, could it be possible to code something like this.

Quote:
Tribe Ironclaw
You are now an Ironclaw!
Who Ironclaw
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
untribe Ironclaw
You are no longer an Ironclaw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:30 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Not needed. Sometimes I think people think Dulrik doesn't do anything but work on SK. They really will ask anything from him. You don't need anything to RP. You can have the same title or last name, what ever. It's all RP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:38 pm 
Mortal

"If you want to form a group, do it in the game through in-character methods. This forum is for OOC topics concerning the game and is not to be used as a shortcut to avoid meeting and recruiting people in the game."

I love that quote ;). But anyways - this is what titles are for, just use them as you would a custom-created symbol.

Post subject: Re: Tribes/Player Groups
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:59 pm 
Mortal Contributor

lockdown2012 wrote:
I was just thinking, that maybe there should be a Tribe/Player Group thingie that works kinda like a Religion...but no symbols...and no God...so a person can go to a NPC and buy like a guild charter or something....and whoever signs it become part of the 'Guild' so like...If I went to him and "Buy charter 'Boy Scouts'" and I hand the charter to someone and they 'Sign Charter' they will be in the group Boy Scouts, and can use 'Who boy scouts' and it will show who all in that group is on...but no symbol...no objects even..unless you RP it out...and it could promote player interaction and such...so people could have Houses, Tribes, and whatnot...I just think it would be a REALLY good idea...but what do you think, please comment on why you voted whatever you choose

Have you been playing Shadowbane?