Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should chastity be optional for knights, determined by the potential knight's church?
Yes 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 20 ]
Eh. Mabey. 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:33 pm 
Mortal

Yes, King Arthur was in reality a Roman soldier who united the Woad tribes under his rule thorugh the marriage of the tribal-princess Gwenevere when the Romans abandoned Briton due to their crumbling empire.

But in the legends, Sir Gawain did vow to chastity, but it was a personal preference, not forced upon him.

But back to the matter at hand. I think that banning people who are prone to mudsex from a certian class is kind of silly. Besides, if people want to mudsex, they will mudsex. Weather they are 'allowed' to or not. But that's none of our business. I just think we should stop connecting marriage with mudsex, because a character CAN marry and NOT do or want any mudsex at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:44 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

Tasalamar was not a paladin. He was married. He had several children.
Gerevan was a paladin. He was not married. He had no children. He did once tell Cannibal to take a bath, however, but that isn't terribly relevant to the topic at hand.

IMO: Paladins are interesting precisely because they are so very restricted. They are tightly bound by difficult and sometimes contradictory codes. This conflict makes for interesting stories and characters.

(Well, ostensibly. It also makes for mudsexxers who make paladins precisely because mudsex is taboo only for paladins. Forbidden fruit and all that...)

So, I say, leave it as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:04 pm 
Mortal

Well played, Wert. I concur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 pm 
Mortal

I like all this presumption that King Authur was a real person. And I like even better the authority in which people are saying who he was and what he did, when no one really knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:22 pm 
Mortal

I don't see anyone mentioning hellions though. What is your idea about them in reference to the subject?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Galstan/Cyril/Ulrich/Elar
Hellions aren't sworn to celebacy. Konstantin had a wife and kids. Ulrich had a fiance'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:30 pm 
Mortal

Hellions should be raping and pillaging as much as possible. They should marry, but only if the marriage secures them a position of power or wealth. Not that they should stay faithfull...

Teselyn was Nyrimors kid...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:59 pm 
Mortal

Only proving the point. Hellions are not knights. They are ninjas! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:13 pm 
Mortal

Furthermore, the tale of Arthur and His Knights, while bearing some resemblence to historical fact, was quite possibly perverted by the tale of Cuchulainn and the Red Branch. Take a pagan story, Christianize it. All that rot.

I'll make note that chastity is not always synonymous with celibacy, and oftentimes refers simply to the act of abstinance in preparation for marriage. I'll also note that non-mudsexx0ring characters should get +1 to all stats. KTHXBYE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:28 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Well, also don't forget that celibacy deals with marrying and chastity has to deal with sex. They are not exclusively linked. If you don't have to be celibate but you have to be chaste, you can marry. You just can never have sex with the person. And vice versa. Not saying that I would expect someone to marry and not have sex but weirder things have happened

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next