Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Do you like the idea of targetable emotes?
Yes, I love this idea and would like to have access to it. 85%  85%  [ 22 ]
No, there is no need, I don't like emote, or any other reason for saying no. 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:51 pm 
The Mighty Fluffball wrote:
No, Jardek. I said I like the idea. That means you tell us how stupid we are. Or do you want me to disagree?

You're stupid, but that doesn't preclude you from being right occasionally - you'll be able to know when these moments come about, because you'll be agreeing with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:07 pm 
Mortal

Okay, thanks. That was confusing for a moment. Me no like confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:22 pm 
Mortal

I LOVE this idea. I'm so sick of typing out ppl's adjectivves and races. It takes so much time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:19 pm 
Mortal

I've been trying to push for a targeting emote, and other things for the actions for a long time. I think we are just going to get flamed down by Jardek and others who want to ruin good ideas then [REDACTED] about how the mud sucks.

Give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:55 pm 
Dry your eyes, Teijo. I have no problem with good ideas, it's the bad ones I take exception to - and I certainly won't flame you off of GD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:26 pm 
Mortal

Apparently Teijo, I'm in the minority. I don't mind typing out adjectives and sexes and races (I don't use names in emotes period), because to me, it enhances things. A personal flavor, if you will. It really makes no difference to me if we get this or not - because it doesn't hamper my rp by not having it, and it really doesn't add anything new. It's just a different shape of screwdriver, but in the end, it's still a screwdriver. It'll go in the toolbox with all the other junk. But that's just me, and it seems others really want to have the crutch along. I'm not intending on standing in their way - this is all my opinion, not a "OMG I WILL FIGHT THIS TO MY DYING BREATH AND USE UP ALL THE IMM RESOURCES AND CONTACTS I HAVE."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:45 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
I like temote. I also use pemote and emote (occasionally accidentally pemoting when I should be emoting). I'm sure temote won't fire correctly if your first word doesn't target someone so it won't look so bad.

As far as typing out adj and race or stuff like that, I find myself spending lots of time glancing at people just to see their adj/race since I have so many people greeted. I'll still do it if temote doesn't come along but I wouldn't mind the time-saver (not crutch) temote would provide. Heck, someone pointed at an elf's weapon recently and I forgot who was an elf in the room. That would help onlookers almost as much as the actors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:06 am 
Mortal

Quote:
Apparently Teijo, I'm in the minority. I don't mind typing out adjectives and sexes and races (I don't use names in emotes period), because to me, it enhances things. A personal flavor, if you will. It really makes no difference to me if we get this or not - because it doesn't hamper my rp by not having it, and it really doesn't add anything new. It's just a different shape of screwdriver, but in the end, it's still a screwdriver. It'll go in the toolbox with all the other junk. But that's just me, and it seems others really want to have the crutch along. I'm not intending on standing in their way - this is all my opinion, not a "OMG I WILL FIGHT THIS TO MY DYING BREATH AND USE UP ALL THE IMM RESOURCES AND CONTACTS I HAVE."

Apparently you have never been around Omnn much or else you would have seen that I do that constantly. And as to the IMM resources, as I posted in my thread called "REVAMP ACTION", I made clear that I understand the burden to the builders and even offered my assistance if I could be any.

Second, I know you don't really see any value in this change and I respect that but I do. It is in my personal opinion that the players should push hard to get things changed on the mud so that it is more enjoyable.

Quote:
Dry your eyes, Teijo. I have no problem with good ideas, it's the bad ones I take exception to - and I certainly won't flame you off of GD.

Thanks? I was really pissed off when I wrote it. :oops:
I'll try not to QQ anymore.

To sum up though, in the end changes like this will only happen if the players push for it and are willing to work with the Imms to make it happen. I have no illusions that I am just going to Demand the Imms make the mud better and they will. This is why we have the gameplay forum. This is why people like me post obsessively about topics we feel passionate about. With the exception of that last post I try not to [REDACTED].