Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Is a auto for hiding your automatic cabal skills important for youth?
Yes, it is important to hide the identity of younger cabal members 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
No, I don't like this idea 44%  44%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Auto Cabalskills
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:58 pm 
Mortal

As leader of the Druids I need to bring attention to a specific Cabal Skill which is taught at a young age and is an automatic skill. This skill makes a very easily identifiable difference in the character, some of you older players are aware of this affect.

Dulrik has ruled that we cannot refuse a new member the ability to learn this skill.

Dulrik, I don't care how well you answer your PMs with logs of abuse concerning this matter, it is one thing that certain individuals camp outside cabal headquarters to discover identities and this is not always caught or reported. This is bad enough to be absolutely sure.

Dulrik, I am tired of hearing complaints that one of my JOURNEYMAN cabal members is getting ganked by 5 GRAND MASTER imperials because they used said skill to discover he was a druid.

Put in an auto command to turn on and off this particular cabal skill, or at least give us the option to turn on or off the status. I am getting sick and tired of people who don't even know about the given cabal skill icly and knowing oocly and claiming it is "common knowledge" to some fucktarded Imm.

If I see any more of this abuse I swear you'll have to remove my forumid by the time I am done reposting this until it takes up the first three pages of the Gameplay forum.

I am honestly disgusted and Pissed at this abuse. I am tired of hearing people complain to me about this abuse from my cabal, especailly when I am trying to re-establish some rules of secrecy in the cabal and they complain that there is no way to keep us secret so all our rp has to bend to the ooc knowledge of this said skill.

It's not rp and I dun' like it.

When this sort of thing effectively stops me from inducting anyone below master or champion status despite their excellent rp Its not ok.

I am putting one HUGE metal plated foot down hard.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:36 pm 
Uh, can't you just say, 'Hey, if you don't want to get ganked, don't learn this skill until you're X level.' Seeing how you have to be online to induct someone, they can't randomly join the cabal and learn the skill and go get ganked without you having the chance to warn them.

P.S. Never been a Druid or interacted with them much, so no idea what skill this is about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:28 pm 
Mortal

I have a feeling it's about people knowing who is who by the trace they leave, or in this case, a lack of one. It's not abuse at all. If you see someone WALK by, and not leave footprints or broken branches or anything behind, it's PRETTY freakin obvious that they're special in some way. And no, there's no rule against camping a hq, portal stones or anything else. People can camp where the hell they bloody want to. You saying otherwise is freakin faerie. Is it ICly impossible to know that certain skills are trademark of your cabal? No. Hell, I can personally attest to several people for knowing about some things, as well as who is in your cabal. If you don't want your lowbies getting ganked, order them to stay away from hq on pain of death/uninduction. Simple as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:33 pm 
Mortal

Camping HQs to pk is fine. But camping HQs ganking journeymen is not fine. If it has happened one or twice then it's almost okay. But if it happens all the time then it's disgusting. And knowing this skill ICly is almost impossible, if not totally impossible. I track all the time and I had never noticed that until someone told me about it ooc. If you do know ooc about it then it is easy as hell to find it out ic too. But that's an abuse more or less. Even if it's not, ganking journeymen with a GM party is not what I call fair play.

Also Goldlantern I'll link this thread with the prison thread and the big sentenses when I spoke of meaningless attacks and that I'm glad the big sentences exist for specific players. People do stuff like that, they get reported for high crimes and then they qq about how much time they have to spend in jail. (I don't have a clue who attacked I just mentioned your name because of the discussion we had.)

Turning on and off skills is a good idea. Maybe just cabal skills, though I remember a few scouts asking to be able to turn off herbalism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 pm 
Here's a better way to hide it, Don't learn it.

Like anything on this game remains a secret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:54 pm 
Mortal

Seems Druids haven't got any smarter since I played my scout.

I would suggest replacing said skill for the Druids with -tree hugging-

Tree hugging has no real benefits, save for there being a 10% chance that when a Druid hugs a tree that the pfile for the character is deleted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:36 pm 
Mortal

Alright, here is where the problems arise my faithful flamers.

First, we wanted to -not- teach the said skill to people of a certain strength or below, but Dulrik said we couldn't withold cabal spells/skills. So yes, we can't just tell them not to learn it.

Next, its not fair to sit around and scout out journeyman so you can gank them and call it a war and disregard their level. And even so, the character's interaction change immediately when they are found out. It isn't ok and in a post algon made before on these forums Dulrik said any who were caught doing that, camping, to find out cabal members would be severely punished, though I would like a guarantee at this point.

Dulrik, either you let me use RP and refuse it being taught until a certain status, add a way to turn it off, or put your foot down.

Cyra, call us stupid all you want, But, It is players like you who I have to guard the journeyman newbs from. Newbs who are brand new to Sk but have good enough RP to impress me Newbs who get caught by people like you and ganked until they leave the mud and tell all their friends how terrible Sk is.

I watch our ranking plummet every day but I wouldn't play Achaea because the whole mud consists of nobodies and [REDACTED] and it is about as entertaining as watching an old woman fart.

Your one of the types of people who make me have to make [REDACTED] posts like this. Your input is not appreciated, I want the lowdown from Lord D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:41 pm 
Mortal

Uh, I don't camp cabal headquarters. I've never camped anywhere. Camping is the most boring [REDACTED] anyone can ever do.

The only camping I've ever seen that was worth it was when Abin ganked Merenna.

It's players like me that you don't have to protect your newbie Druids from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:45 pm 
Mortal

Well then, if you oppose it, support the thread and help find a resolution to those people who do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:48 pm 
Mortal

I oppose camping (as a personal preference, I don't oppose those that -do- camp), but I don't support your turning cabal skillsets off.