Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Make it so?
Yes 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
No 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
The Werttrew option™ 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 am 
Mortal

I'd be more sympathetic if the archery bonus were something appropriate for hunting or sniping. Firing large volumes of arrows sounds more like a soldier skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:15 am 
Mortal

Or ambushing? ;)

If I was to do anything to scouts, I would give them a called shot ability.

Lower accuracy, improve damage and always hit target area. Targets: Head, chest, Stomach, left arm. right arm, left leg, right leg.

camo;test;call 'right arm';ambush juggy

Your ambush devestates Juggy!
A sword of pwnage falls to the ground!
A bracelet of protection falls to the ground!
A ring of buttkicking falls to the ground!
Juggy's right arm has been severed!

Now that, would be hot. Of course unless you forgot he was left handed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:22 am 
Mortal

Seeing as I played a scout and am the leading authority on them, I'll say this much: The class is fine as is and doesn't need anything. Hell, any man that can create diamonds for the ends of his arrows is a god. I always imagined my scout crushing coal into diamonds or whatever with his bare hands.

Personally, I think specializing in a bow is a waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:11 pm 
Mortal

I just do not understand what a merc who is a solider can get more attacks then someone whos sole purpose is to use a bow. To me, that does not make since. I know that mercs should be able to use bows that is not the point. But I do think that should have the edge when it comes to ranged combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:15 pm 
Mortal

Soldiers are trained to use weapons. mercenaries have the ability to specialize in a weapon, that is learn all the intricacies and details of a certain weapon so that they can fight better with it.

Scouts area of specialty is really just the wilderness. Mercenaries are supposed to be better with weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:25 pm 
Mortal

But then should only get three attacks in a bow unless then spec in it? I mean mercs learn a bit of everything but a few things they are really good in. I understand what you are saying but I just have a hard time with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:33 pm 
Mortal

Mercenaries are professional soldiers who are paid to help, or are hired to do something for someone else. If they are no good then no one is going to want to hire them.

And then they become really good at 2 things. That's -it-. So yeah, they can be better than a scout at bow fighting with a specific type of bow but they don't get to carry that over with another type of bow. Or crossbow for the crossbow fanatics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:34 pm 
Mortal

Scouts should be as good if not better at a bow than mercaneries. Mercenaries are masters of all weapons but at the sacrifice of the special skills for each weapon, getting lots of basics. Scouts are innate in their reliance on the bow. They should get more bow props than what is suggested here. They should be getting a fourth and possible fifth attack and I would like to see some sort of accuracy buff for their shooting so as too offset their reliance upon the bow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:51 pm 
Mortal

Scouts aren't innate at bow usage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:53 pm 
Mortal

Pfft. Fepel's only suggesting a long range cabal spell.

At any rate..I don't think scouts need a buff, and this is after playing what I consider to be a successful one. If anything on their bow abilities is upped, something's got to give and I would suggest their herbal utility or pet power. As it stands now, a prepared scout with the right pet is DAMN hard to kill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next