Can sleep while pulse is racing 79%  79%  [ 26 ]
Cannot sleep while pulse is racing 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Dulrik wrote:
Therefore I would support raising the quit timer, but making it no more than 5 ticks for the victim wheras I could see it being 15 ticks for the attacker.

I'm in full support of that. I can never recall any time in my 300+ pk initiations that I ever had to log off within 15 mins of starting combat. It would either be

A. irresponsible of me to fight knowing I needed to go
B. an emergency, in which case I couldn't care less what happens to me.

Morovik wrote:
Adder you are trying to light a candle with a flamethrower, I think 5 mins is just too much and things should stay the way they are. If someone quits on you then shame on him.

I don't buy the metaphor. I think my quote from D is fully relevant to what Sklz said and what is being proposed here. I didn't ask for an obscenely long timer- 5 mins is about 3 mins longer than normal.

Morovik wrote:
Did you ever think of the newb that dealt with some big monster that was more than he/she could chew? the feeling of fleeing, running as fast as you can, waiting for your pulse to slow down so you can recall to safety.

Yes, in fact it's happened to me several times. I just log out instead of recalling since it's easier and I don't need to walk back.

However, the vast majority of the time this happens only good players are able to escape anyways (have to flee a few rooms, turn speed walk on and then start moving, hopefully not back into another aggro NPC). If a player is good, the death will be meaningless if the change is enacted, not to mention they get into such situations much less often.

Post subject: Eh?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:43 pm 
Mortal

Times change I suppose, but I can think of 3 seperate instances where players were punished for logging off when I walked into the room with undead to avoid the PK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:59 pm 
Mortal

Go for it D... I am sure the twinks and the poor sports will come in flocks agianst this... and of course... None of them will claim thats the true reason but find some BS [REDACTED] to stand behind....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:06 am 
Mortal

Anything more than 5 minutes in my eyes is excessive. If you can't get them in 5 minutes, they deserve to get away.