Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Would you like to see an RP-based class on SK?
Yes - I love RP. 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
No - I play to level. 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Somewhere between the two. 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: RP-based class option
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:21 pm 
Mortal

Would you like to see an RP-based class option or two? If so what would it be?

My previous suggestions (the thread got deleted recently due to the glitch.... :evil: ) were chaosmage and drunken master.

[edit] YES, I know that there is RP that revolves around every class we already have, what I'm talking about here is an RP-intensive class, where leveling the character would have little to no impact on how the character can be RP'd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:41 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Is this even necessary? :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:15 pm 
Mortal

Only because I'd like to hear other people's ideas on the subject...there were a few last time who thought it wa a stupid idea and I'd like them to explain why, not to mention have people submit other ideas besides my own for RP-intensive classes.

[Again with the edit...]
I'd also like to see RP-restricted classes actually watched - like elven enmity and griffon behavior, but who am I trying to kid? We'd need about 4 more imms justto get THAT into the works...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:02 pm 
Mortal

You can already rp the drunken master. I've been thinking about doing that for a long time.

Whats an rp class anyway? Aren't all the classes rp classes? You don't need code to rp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:04 pm 
Mortal

You need an option that encompasses "I play for the RP, but when there's nobody about or I'm too tired to think, then I 'enjoy' leveling," and of course an option for "I RP while I level."

Rather than having a class specifically geared toward RP - and I admit I'm fuzzy on the distinction there - I would prefer to see trade/crafting skills made available to the extant classes to add a potential for diversity and depth.

I'm probably missing your point, I know, but I'd say if you require a specific class to be created for RP, you're trapping yourself in the leveling state of mind rather than freeing yourself to character concepts. I wouldn't call the idea stupid, but it does seem a lot of effort to make/balance the concept when you can RP any class from the get-go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:05 pm 
Mortal

TheCannibal wrote:
You can already rp the drunken master. I've been thinking about doing that for a long time.

Whats an rp class anyway? Aren't all the classes rp classes? You don't need code to rp.

Barakas First post wrote:
[edit] YES, I know that there is RP that revolves around every class we already have, what I'm talking about here is an RP-intensive class, where leveling the character would have little to no impact on how the character can be RP'd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Galstan/Cyril/Ulrich/Elar
Wait, level has impact on how a character is RPed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:59 pm 
junioroverlord wrote:
Wait, level has impact on how a character is RPed?

Shouldn't. Never did with any of my characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:38 pm 
Mortal

If you're not going to engage in the tactical part of the game, what does it matter what class abilities you have? Pick your favorite class, learn almost no skills or levels, and tell everyone you're a toymaker or whatever.

If you are going to engage in the tactical part of the game - then your class needs to be properly balanced. Any specific class abilties need to be coded. That's a lot of work for just a vague RP-concept. If we go to the trouble of making a new class - let's get a real class out of it.

I grant levelling isn't everybody's idea of a fun time. I'd welcome a MUD with perhaps 5 levels. But SK is far, far, too committed to ROM-style levels to expect such radical change. Is the RP worth sticking around for anyway? I think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:41 pm 
Mortal

I think small changes to current classes would boast RP more then enough and might be easier to code then making new classes...

As I stated before for example, Making it so warlocks could be an Ice elemental or fire (exchange magma and Cone of Cold depending on the type you pick) I was also thinking for an earth elementlist they can get some "boulder" attack where they get a big chunk of ground and drop it on thiere opponet and as the magma cling effect they can have some bleeding. No idea for water though.

Split up the fists and make a twin cabal (ninja) for darkies or better yet Desolve them (it has been suggested before) and make a new class.

Also, I think this class already exist, its called PRIEST... I mean all you really need to do is to level enough to Ressurrect and you dont need to bother with anything else and RP to your hearts content. I do think giving them religion based spells would help with the RP...

I think Shamans also would fit a RP only class. Dont want to voodoo you can still brew some nice [REDACTED]. Granted the extensive leveling envolved to be able to brew kinda kills your point.