Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you like to see an RP-based class on SK?
Yes - I love RP. 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
No - I play to level. 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Somewhere between the two. 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:59 pm 
Mortal

Coding "RP characters" is like building ghettos for black people. All characters are at least supposed to be RP characters. And the options on your poll are annoyingly restricted. If you want to become a chaosmage, the game already gives you the ways, so does if you want to RP a drunken master.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:40 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
Seeing as this is a roleplay-required mud, all classes are roleplay-intensive. And levelling has next to no effect on your ability to roleplay. If you don't want to level, don't. But if you're going to play a hot-head that doesn't level, expect to get killed more than a few times. As an example from real life, someone who's a hot-head but has no training or quality experience in self-defense or any other sort of fighting will find himself on the wrong end of every fight he instigates.

As far as choosing not to level, I had a char that got a couple rewards in the 15 weeks I played him at level 1. And I don't RP all that well, so someone who can RP well could easily get their share of rewards for their RP.

Side note: Most polls, the number of votes far outweighs the number of written replies. The fact this poll is reversed says something about the poll options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:44 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: That'd be telling
i remember the initial post about the chaosmage and I just don't get this at all.....
if you want RP a Chaosmage as your original post suggested, with random spells etc. then do so. Make a mage class character and then when asked to do something, or when in combat cast a spell as you see fit, targetting who you want with what you want - dont expect anyone to hang around for very long though - or go sit in the inn and emote "... pulls a rabbit of a hat" - that'd work for me, i woud watch you for hours waiting to what you pull out next

just a thought :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:01 am 
Mortal

The options suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:06 am 
Mortal

Where's the just NO option. I like the RP with the current class. You can solely RP with any class. You don't have to have another class for that. I'm sure people would like to see maybe another class or another race anyways, just not this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:30 pm 
Mortal

What I see:

blah blah blah

Juggernaut wrote:
...ghettos for black people...

blah blah...wait...wtf? Shut up, Juggernaut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:22 pm 
:lol: @ Lantern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:45 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Agreed with what has already been said.

You can RP whatever you want. There is nothing stopping you. Want a drunken master? Make a merc or a barb who only fights while drunk, hell this might even be a neat idea with a swashie.

There is no need to separate leveling from RPing. I like the way leveling and RPing have combined in this MUD, which is why I play it. There are plenty of other MUDs out there that are merely RP or merely leveling and PK. I don't play those MUDs.

I play my characters the way I want regardless of level. Some are always timid regardless of how powerful they are. Some are arrogent SOBs no matter how weak they are.

Create a character and go with it. The great thing about this game is you can do pretty much anything. Though you may make the game harder on yourself in some circumstances I think that's part of the fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:31 pm 
Mortal

wortsenawl wrote:
i remember the initial post about the chaosmage and I just don't get this at all.....
if you want RP a Chaosmage as your original post suggested, with random spells etc. then do so. Make a mage class character and then when asked to do something, or when in combat cast a spell as you see fit, targetting who you want with what you want - dont expect anyone to hang around for very long though - or go sit in the inn and emote "... pulls a rabbit of a hat" - that'd work for me, i woud watch you for hours waiting to what you pull out next

just a thought :lol:
Or maybe write a script that chooses a random spell that you have trained and casts it. Shouldn't be that hard to write, but it will annoy the crap out of people. And just remember, nothing ruins RP like OOC annoyances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:34 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Can you imagine trying to haste someone and final striking them instead? I know the example is extreme, but heck! Like I said stuff like this is possible, it just makes the game harder on you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next