Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which out of all of these would you think you'd play?
Dwarven paladin. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Dwarven hellion. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Centaur paladin. 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Centaur hellion. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Not sure which I'd play, may play more than one, definitely like idea. 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
Not sure which I'd play, wouldn't mind seeing it, probably won't play one though, but like idea. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Not sure if I like the idea, or not particularly interested, or don't particularly care. 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I wouldn't play any of them, this idea is horrible, stop posting, die in a fire. 27%  27%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:57 am 
If centaurs are so awesome, why aren't there any?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:26 pm 
Mortal

Syndal wrote:
If centaurs are so awesome, why aren't there any?

Because for most classes, centaurs aren't the best choice. Warriors don't need the high wis and suffer from the weaknesses; gnomes have more mana for priests/warlocks/shamans; centaur bards is a ridiculous concept; etc. I agree that centaur knights would likely be overpowered and out-of-concept. I'd like to see centaur necromancer unlocked as a combination, however.

Dwarven knights would be ++l33t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:58 pm 
Mortal Contributor

For my own RP reasons I wanted to play a centaur sorc. I understand that they're supposed to be more wild which is why you can have cen warlocks. But I agree there is a lack of centaurs in game which makes the race more apealing to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:02 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Centaurs aren't played much because they have [REDACTED] advantages and harsh disadvantages. You want to play a merc with a 16 dex? A merc that resists blunt and acid, but is weak to fire and most other forms of energy?

No one uses acid blast and blunt weapons in pvp. You do get hit with magma, colorspray, sleep, charm, petrify, necro spells. When was the last time some acid blasted someone to death? And a 16 dex?!? How are you going to fight a human or helf with that? You're not. A swashbuckler should be able to kill any centaur any time, even a hasted centaur.

centaurs are good to have as priests maybe, but still there are races that won't die easily on the way to the wastlelands fighting those fire things that roam around or die to two magmas. The bottom line is a fire is a very common attack and so is blunt I suppopse but resisting blunt is only good in pvp.

I just think centaur weaknesses are, besides the ones for deep-elves, the harshest in the game. What they get compared to their weaknesses isn't equal.

As for the classes, Cannibal hit it right on the head. What he said is right from my point of view. No for centaurs and yes for dwarves. Dwarves are pretty crappy so you might as well play a fun class with them. It would be elite to see a nasty [REDACTED] dwarf with a big bad axe cleaving people, since axes suck for anyone but shaman and hellions.

I suggested racial weapon stuff a while ago, that got no where so what ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:30 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Centaur barbarians and scouts are pretty good. They are really good versus fisties, and leveling a centaur with their innate resistance to blunt is also much easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:34 pm 
Mortal

I'd actually support the idea of dwarven paladins and hellions, as long as it's clear these are NOT knights in the human/elven/deep-elven tradition. Dwarven culture just doesn't fit well with mounted feudal nobles.

That would mean making up another tradition that does make sense for dwarves. If the tradition is interesting and fits the class well, I could see this being an interesting expansion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:31 pm 
Mortal

D0rfs, and sprites! MAN I WOULD OWN YOU ALL WITH A SPRITE PALADIN:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:53 pm 
Mortal

I voted "die in a fire" option because that was easily the best option to vote for. Image

In all seriousness I believe dwarves would make great paladins. I kinda always took Tragonis (dwarf hammer) as a paladin. The roleplay would be fun and fitting. I'm not too sure about dwarves for hellions because 'evil' dwarves remind me of duergers who are more like seedy thugs.

However, centaurs seem to fit that image of dark, brooding, intimidating image of a hellish knight. Put on some black armor, for most races they require looking up to see centaur's face. I believe they would make great hellions, to be played either as a war-machine, or an overlord.

So in short, dwarves for paladins, centaurs for hellions. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:10 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Briner, Senach, Myson, others.
Yes. D0rf knights = cool. I mean, werent Tragonis and Buxtehude really knights already? and Aeolla?

However, centaur knights just dont seem right. I'd like to see Something done with centaurs, though. There arent enough of them in the game. I mean, they should be fairly rare, but not THIS rare. Fermore and Valdemar are the only two active ones I can think of.... though, I'm surprised there arent more centaur warlocks. Renyua owned. So did Cilek, for that matter, and Skurj was good too.

I'm going to vote for Nxs to die in a fire, however. I dont have the willpower the other responders do :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:14 pm 
Mortal

I agree with Pes0.

Sprites would own face as any class that could wear heavy armor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next