Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Do you think adding massive spirit disorientation after FS would work?
Yes. 47%  47%  [ 9 ]
No. 53%  53%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 19
 Post subject: FS makeover
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:16 pm 
Mortal

Okay, yet one more topic to add to the pile of FS trash.

Instead of removing FS, or taking away the penalties, or some weird combination thereof (?) let's consider my idea:
Take away the rezz penalty.
Take away the reincarnate-forgetfulness penalty.
After you cast FS, add spirit disorientation equal to about five or six rapid deaths.

The penalty could be much bigger, like even ten deaths. The idea is that coming back to life after a FS, even if a god rezzed you, you'll be emotionally, physically, and mentally drained, barely able to hold the most basic spells, and certainly not capable of casting anything that would actually do damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:24 pm 
Mortal

FINAL STRIKE IS FINE! GAH!

Seriously, how often is the spell abused? Once, twice a year? And the participating character cannot get back to life except through reincarnation for weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:26 pm 
Mortal

:roll:

Which is why everyone hates it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:44 pm 
Mortal

I like this idea. I really, really miss the old FS - I would take the old one over the current one. This sounds like a great compromise - impair the sorceror heavily for a few weeks with the heavy disorientation, add like a one/two month minimum before the spell could be cast again, and that's about all I'd want.

An FS (to my knowledge) hasn't happened in at least two or three months, and that is way boring, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:17 pm 
Mortal

The Mighty Fluffball wrote:

Actually everyone hates it because there is no save for it, it's certain death, it's used in kamikazee tactics and it isntantly junks everything in the room, things you've spent hours and hours enchanting them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm 
Mortal

I love it.

I encourage sorcerers to use final strike whenever they get the chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:04 pm 
Mortal

Dark-Avenger wrote:
The Mighty Fluffball wrote:

Actually everyone hates it because there is no save for it, it's certain death, it's used in kamikazee tactics and it isntantly junks everything in the room, things you've spent hours and hours enchanting them.

Exactly. That's what I love. Everyone's equally wiped out, so why does it matter? It mixes things up, makes things interesting, puts people in the River that aren't normally there. Everyone needs to die and lose everything once in a while, and a good FS ensures that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:51 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

I can see it now..

Quote:
Vlad: Jada, go raid the hammer and when they come to defend slay them all with your spell.

Jada: I dun wanna. I get all disorientated.. as if I died ten times.

Vlad: If you don't I'll kill you ten times in a row and you'll be in the same spot.

Jada: Okayz.

later..

[Hammer] Massive Guardian A XXX male half-elf, and his hoard have approached the castle

Ph34r mah lil Sista!!!!111 :roll:

Far be it for there to be one spell in the game you actually have to RP to use. I think everything about is just a little steep, but thems to breaks to have the best I win spell in the game. Now stop beating the ground where the dead horse once lay.

While I like the sound of this at first, it still makes the spell really abusable in that you then don't need a decent RP influence to use it. As in my example, it could then be used for any dumb [REDACTED] reason and that doesn't rub me the right way. As it stands now you simply need to log your well RPed reason and make your case to the IMMs who are more active than I have ever seen them. I doubt anyone will sit in the afterlife for a RL week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:08 pm 
Mortal

That's basically what it comes down to. As is, the spell requires a strong RP reason, not just "I like to make people angry and create chaos", which essentially rules out blowing up various weddings and such. I never felt the spell was abused in its old form, and it had absolutely no repricussions whatsoever. But that might just be me. I think there's too much worry about stuff being abused or overpowered - if it makes the game more fun and dynamic (which I thought it did, but no longer does), then why remove it? I suppose if everyone feels differently, then that's that.

Oh well. No big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:39 pm 
Mortal

Overbeatten dead horse alert! May day, may day...

FS is GREAT the way it is. Enough already!!! :evil: