Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Life Experience
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:16 pm 
Mortal

I'm just wondering if putting life experience to use in game would be a good thing? Example of what I'm talking about:

For 5 levels you weight capacity is near maxed out, so when you gain the next level, you also gain a point of strength. When you learn every skill and spell to (mastered) in a status rank (IE all of amateur requires you master all languages, writings, available weapons, swim, etc. but not just during the time you ARE an amateur - you have until you delete) would give you points to wisdom while reading copius amounts of different books and writings would increase your intelligence (copius being something insane like 20 different writings per one attribute point since you and I both know people will just hunt books, spam 'read book' or 'read note #' 8 billion times and end up omniscient...

Just an idea. Feedback and corrections welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:26 pm 
Mortal

No.

There is no reason to have 25 to all stats with such ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:31 pm 
Mortal

Dark-Avenger wrote:
No.

There is no reason to have 25 to all stats with such ways.

First off, we still have racial maxes, and no one would get all their atts to 25. It occurs to me though, that with the option to put you one attribute point for every two levels into 6 attributes, hp, mana or art, that's 9 options. Let's be generous and assume your human starts with 15 points in everything. 50 levels divided by 2 is 25 stat points over your lifetime (not counting mentoring rewards and loses due to death and reincarnation etc.). Max in everything for a human is 20, so that 25 points is actually 5 LESS than a human would need just to max their stats, let alone train anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:43 pm 
Mortal

This is what the mentor system is for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:49 pm 
Mortal

Baraka, first of all, there is no loss in death. Even reincarnation no longer drains the one CON point that it used to.

Also, the mentoring system is enough of a bonus. Trust me, I know very well about it. My shaman has like 8(or perhaps more? won't count right now) extra attribute points so far from mentoring. And these were used to make a voodoo cannon built shaman a pretty decent tank as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:37 pm 
Mortal

Sorry, but there's no need for all these maxed stats. The whole idea is that you're supposed to make choices in your build.

There's also plenty of attribute-enhancing items to be worn. Go get some if you feel your attributes are too low.