Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Disenchant
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:36 am 
Mortal

Disenchant <item> <enchantment (will/ref/fort/stat/prot/res)>
For every casting of this spell there is a chance to remove a single enchantment. There is a risk as with all enchanting that the item will explode or fade completely. Magically working any item even disenchanting still increases the quality (read level) of the item. Using this spell one is also able to create a cursed like item with negative effects on saves.

The reason I continue to this spell would be useful is because it would reduce the hours on hours people spend enchanting bringing the better enchanted suits into the realms of possibility for those who dont have hours to waste and would rather do other things on SK. While not making it overly simple to get the enchantments you wish. Would still take hours to get a perfect suit just not RL days, given enchanting would still be random. I could see many people just using it to remove magic resistance from a suit, where others who exact about what want would go further.

I see this as a master level spell for Sorceror's and cloth based priests unless religion spells are actually being worked on. I could see it in the hands of all those that can enchant but I dont think it should be that widely available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:45 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
That is [REDACTED].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:51 am 
Mortal

Uhm. There already exists such a possibility. It's called fading an object. The enchanting spells are just fine the way they are. You're supposed to put some serious effort into it all, if you want to have an uber-kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:22 am 
Mortal

Yeap, I totally agree with Tragonis and Lolth.

Do you want phat lewt? Do you want to get rid of the annoying decrease to an attribute point, do you want to get rid of the annoying MR? Fade, junk, retake, repeat.

It took me like 4 hours of enchanting for a certain ring, which was really hard to take it back, but the final result was more than enough to make this effort worthy. No need to get perfect full suits in 2-3 rl hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:24 am 
Mortal

Dark-Avenger wrote:
It took me like 4 hours of enchanting for a certain ring, which was really hard to take it back, but the final result was more than enough to make this effort worthy. No need to get perfect full suits in 2-3 rl hours.

This is the kind of thing I am looking at, 4 hours for one item. You said this was a hard one to get so half that time for all the rest of your items you are still looking at about 20 hours more of enchanting for your kit. I dont see this spell giving you a perfect suit in 2-3 rl hours. Would be nice to get two bits of armor enchanted that time.

I accept that you are meant to put time into getting a super kit having played enchanters before I know how long it can take to get just the enchantments you wish. I equate enchanting gear time to similar to jail time. You are for the most part removed from RP sure you can RP (but most dont), It is for most as boring as jail time (enchant enchant sleep). Creating a spell such as this as I see it (you are welcome to your own thoughts) is similar to a level cap. It stops those who spend the longest time online having a major advantage over those who can not spend as long online. It some what evens out the playing field you still need time to find the gear and get it enchanted. I see such time approx cut in half by this spell. While at the same time it limits the need to hoard said gear (I need four adamantite breast plates to get one with the enchants I want.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:49 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
While I wholly disagree with what you're suggesting, I wouldn't mind something that would hit polarized eq while on the ground.

Darkie finds light-only eq, hits it with a spell and it loses its enchants and becomes dark-only. Or the other way around. Neutrals and neutral-only, the spell won't work. Oh, and give the spell to one class only. No need having it as a pan-spellcaster utility spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:36 am 
Mortal

The one who puts more effort in the game, is always better than someone who logs in only a few hours. Not only in enchanting. In training as well, you gain more XP if you plvl 10 hours instead of 1. Does that mean we need to see 20 hours GMs again?

Plus the disenchant will be a totally twink spell. Because of the way items hold enchantments, I know I'd put the same 20 hours of effort to create a suit of -4 MR on each piece, only to add +4 MP +4 will +4 fort on each piece as well. If I have the time, I'll do it. When the low hours player will only have a +4 MP +4 will suit for example, still losing to my suit.

And that minus MR is far too elite to be given to players. Only a few items allow that, from an area that is HARD to get them. Let the elite items remain elite.

And the whole change aura thing is stupid. No need to see a paladin holding a blade of infinite darkness, or a hellion holding a shield of holy energy. The aura restrictions are there for a reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:02 am 
Mortal

If you really want to reduce time spent in enchanting, I think the obvious solution is to make uber-suits impossible. Increase the risk of loss per enchant, and add a hard cap to what's possible. Add a corresponding decrease to art to re-balance spellcasters.

That has the side benefit of making loot with pre-existing enchants more valuable. It'd also mean a lot less time spent lagged/sleeping waiting to cast the next enchant spell.

But similar suggestions haven't exactly blown people's socks off before. I guess people like their PK to be heavy on preparation here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:12 pm 
Mortal

Next, people will want this spell do rediculous things like make magical shards, while destroying the weapon. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:44 pm 
Mortal

MrPerson13 wrote:
Next, people will want this spell do rediculous things like make magical shards, while destroying the weapon. :roll:

What a great idea, we could call them...Nexus Crystals.