Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:25 am 
Mortal

Take out True sight, and give them sword. You'd have an awesome Sith Lord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 am 
Mortal

not sword. Lightsaber.

And it will be a Sith Lord.

WOW. were you even aware that you created a futuristic samurai warrior? Talk about awesome.

You can hella [REDACTED] RP as a Jedi too. It would be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:07 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Aside from magic missile and magic burn spells, I did not see anything else that dealt damage. This is a really kewl idea, but without some sort of higher status damage dealing spell, it would get owned most of the time by any class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 am 
Mortal

When they can use things like staff of demise or the scrolls from IC, they need no damage spells to own in pk.

Especially when they can be in a group giving SICK buffs to their group and owning their enemies.

Most of the things mentioned here are way too powerful and unbalancing. There is a reason some of these are NPC only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:29 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Okay first, how many staffs of demise are there in the game? I think 1 (I could be really wrong here since I am not an IMM). Which is nowhere near enough to be relied upon. Yes, in a group they would give substantial advantage to the party. As much as I have ragged on bards not being able to hold their own in single pvp combat, this would even be worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:39 am 
Mortal Contributor

Dark-Avenger wrote:
When they can use things like staff of demise or the scrolls from IC, they need no damage spells to own in pk.

Especially when they can be in a group giving SICK buffs to their group and owning their enemies.

Most of the things mentioned here are way too powerful and unbalancing. There is a reason some of these are NPC only.

Can you be more specific and less "this is unbalancing, here is some extraordinarily vague evidence as to why?"

Mana blast should scale with level for damage. It should be a completely acceptable source of damage at Master, nothing incredibly, definitely not comparable in any way to Harm or some of the better damage spells, but it should let the Wizard cough up something in its defense.

Lighten load is not incredibly sick. The only thing that's really good about it is that you can carry a bunch of extra stuff and you still get your "dodge bonus".

Loadstone is the [REDACTED]. It can take that away from an enemy.

Clear mind is pretty good, and I admit it. It would raise caster damage on some casters and also let some casters concentrate on more things. That's why the buff is only +3 and it doesn't give anything other than that.

I was going to give this class defensive harmony, but that's kind of already present as a bard song (songs of protection), and this doesn't try to replace bards.

Trivialize is -the- anti-bard debuff. It might also screw over someone who has a charmie controlled.

I don't know if this class needs locate object. :O

Force wall is meant to be a slow casting way of making a room "private", or of giving players a place to hide. I also meant for it to only work "one way" -- it only prevents people from coming into the room, it doesn't prevent you from leaving it. I'm not entirely sure the spell is something I'd really like, however, I'm actually partial to including something a little more entertaining / random. I was thinking of doing something like antimagic field... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:07 am 
Mortal

That's too bad. Force wall would really great for stopping people from fleeing in a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:16 am 
Mortal

OK, I will be more specific. More of these spells are minor versions of cabal stuff, all combined together in one class. Which one class can then join another cabal and get even more benefits.

I won't tell exactly what cabal stuff is what thing you proposed.

And then you give them npc only abilities, like true seeing etc. There is a reason such things are limited to the players, else anyone could do a certain quest endless times and get endless potions for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:31 am 
Mortal Contributor

Dark-Avenger wrote:
OK, I will be more specific. More of these spells are minor versions of cabal stuff, all combined together in one class. Which one class can then join another cabal and get even more benefits.

I won't tell exactly what cabal stuff is what thing you proposed.

And then you give them npc only abilities, like true seeing etc. There is a reason such things are limited to the players, else anyone could do a certain quest endless times and get endless potions for example.

True seeing is the only natural counter to a few cabal abilities, which is why I gave the Wizard the ability to cast it. It cannot cast it "freely" because the concentration / mana drain would be incredibly high. It, at the very least, would be able to see the whole who-list at a time. He cannot share this ability with anyone else -- I don't see how this is that big of a problem. It's a class that gets every method of detection in the game -- above and beyond the sorcerer, and then he can just roll all of that into one spell -- and even get a bigger bonus from it. The only problem is that in some cases it could severely underpower certain cabal abilities.

What if a bunch of griffons just went and did the quest all together? That's a hell of a lot of flasks of that crap. They still get the XP too, so it's not even that bad of an idea. This, at the very least, is tremendously restricted.

By the way, this whole thing with cabal abilities being taboo to discuss? It needs to end, everyone knows what everything does by now. It's reached the level where it's ceased to be useful to keep information away from people, and has simply become annoying. We can't properly discuss balance issues with them because we can't ever refer to them exactly without acting like idiots about it. -_-

A lot of these spells are not "cabal stuff". If you're thinking about certain Harlequin and Adept abilities, there's no way in which these are "minor versions". Mana leak is relatively different to the ability you are thinking of, and its purpose is completely different to begin with. It's a spellcaster nerf to force them to burn more mana than normal, it doesn't steal any.

Force wall already exists, to some extent. This would just be a change to an already-existing spell. It has nothing to do with the Harlequin ability you're thinking of. The entire purpose of the spell was to lock people out.

Please be specific in what you're dissecting. If you don't want to say WHICH ability, at least refer to the cabal you're talking about to I know what you're trying to say. As it were, I think you're wrong in those assumptions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:40 am 
Mortal

I'm thinking more of a druid spell and an MC spell actually.

The druid spell has the reflex save as well, like the spell you proposed. And it does something more also when you fail, but also does something less from what you proposed.

Anyway, I just find the spells of this class overpowered, to be given ALL these things to a single class. And I also find some of them not needed to be given to PCs either.