Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lord of the Wild
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:15 pm 
Mortal

Lord of the Wild
Note - I'm not suggesting what level range the new skills/spells should be placed at yet because the ideas will most likely need to be tweaked to suit the level they are placed at.

Alignments - Scrupulous, Unprincipled, Miscreant
Races - Centaur, Dwarf, Halfling, Giant, Sprite(, Half-elf, Human - only if absolutely necessary)
Prime Attribute - Dex

Skills wrote:

Weapon types - Mace, Staff, Bow, Dagger, Spear
Second & Third Attack
Self Defense
Scrolls
Infusion*
Terrain bonus*
Terrain camoflague*
Dodge
Parry
Fletch (arrows only?)
Tracking
Fast healing
Meditation
Rancor*
Sneak
Skirmish

Spells wrote:
Terrain Infusion*
Terrain Attack*
Terrain Protection*
Terrain Adaptation*
Terrain Walk*
Terrain Totem*
Enchant Weapon*
Enchant Armor*

Infusion - similar to brew, infuses contents of liquid container with the affects of the Lord of the Wild's Terrain Protection spell. Depending on the size of the container it can last for multiple draughts.

Terrain bonus - At (amateur/novice) level, the Lord of the Wild chooses a terrain type from the following - desert, plains, forest, swamp, mountain, water, underground. When in that terrain, the Lord of the Wild receives bonuses to hit, tracking, and terrain specific abilities, as well as the benefits of the pathfinding skill within their terrain. Not usable within cities.

Terrain Camoflague - Allows the Lord of the Wild to camoflague within their chosen terrain

Rancor - Every ten levels, the Lord of the Wild chooses a favored enemy race from an existing race. Bonuses to damage versus that race.

Terrain Infusion - imparts the affects of a terrain attack to the Lord of the Wild's weapon for a limited time (similar to maledictions).

Terrain Attack - varies depending on the Lord of the wilds choice of Terrain, as follows: desert = flamestrike, plains = call lightning/lightning bolt, forest = flamestrike, swamp = cause serious, mountain = acid blast, water = cone of cold ([edit] would affect only target hit by weapon), underground = c major chord (at the appropriate level)

Terrain Protection - The Lord of the Wild gains protection from attacks based in his 'terrain'. (See terrain attack, bonuses similar to bless or armor spell + protection from elements)

Terrain Adaptation - similar to polymorph. Allows the Lord of the Wild to transform their body into a form more suited to roaming their chosen terrain: desert = scorpion, plains = fadelion, forest = jaguar, swamp = giant constrictor, mountain = bear, water = shark?/ (alligator snapping) turtle?, underground = umber hulk? [edit]Scorpion = poison, fadelion/jaguar = 4 claw attacks/rd, constrictor = slam attack/bash?/trip?, bear/umber hulk = climb, slam/bash, shark/turtle = swim/water breathing

Terrain Walk - allows the Lord of the Wild to travel through his terrain type to another random location also of his terrain. (limited teleport - cannot target portal stones, but brings totem with caster)

Terrain Totem - Allows the Lord of the Wild to create a totem beast (see Terrain adaptation (create a charmed pet similar to a warlocks elemental))

Enchant Weapon & Enchant Armor - I was thinking of renaming them to 'inscribe runes' and having the runes do different things, but that'd be a butt-load of work for something that already exists

Last edited by Baraka on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:49 pm 
Mortal

Clarification:

Terrain Infusion - imparts the affects of a terrain attack to the Lord of the Wild's weapon for a limited time (similar to maledictions). desert = flaming bite, plains = shocking grasp, forest = flaming bite, swamp = deadly wrath, mountain = acid blast, water = chill touch, underground = c major chord (at the appropriate level, target hit only)

Terrain Attack - varies depending on the Lord of the wilds choice of Terrain, as follows: desert = flamestrike, plains = lightning bolt, forest = flamestrike, swamp = cause serious, mountain = acid blast, water = cone of cold, underground = c major chord (at the appropriate level)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:12 pm 
Mortal

It is a scout with UBER buffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:12 pm 
Mortal

You have too much imagination.

I Guess this is why D&D has 60 billion prestige classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:14 pm 
Mortal

Carsetius wrote:
It is a scout with UBER buffs

mixed scout & warlock actually, with a little bit of priest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:18 pm 
Mortal

I totally think that you missed the point but NO. There is a bunch of other things that ought to be fixed because a new class ought to be put it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:56 am 
Mortal Contributor

I don't like how you say; "human if absolutely neccisarry". The point of humans is they are extremely versatile and can do anything. They are the most common race as well.

Apart from that I don't have much a problem with the class itself, though I'm not sure if it's actually a good idea to have this. Putting someone in this class in the druids would be overpowering, though I only glanced over what you wrote, so I donno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:56 am 
Mortal Contributor

Cyra wrote:
You have too much imagination.

I Guess this is why D&D has 60 billion prestige classes.

And I made like, half of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:46 am 
Mortal

Eh, still not a unique idea. It makes me think of a more specific scout, he can use these terrains well, and sucks in others. I say no because it just doesn't look unique, balanced, or that it would even fit in well. Just RP your scout as a master of the desert. I've seen some people before with similar RP concepts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:48 am 
Mortal Contributor

Reminds me of the D&D Horizon Walker.