Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:51 am 
Mortal

Might be an idea to use a pulse based thing - so you can't junk immediatly after a fight.

Not sure how you'd justify that IC, as people are more likely to destroy things in a fit of rage, but there you go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:00 am 
Mortal

No.

I do not want people that are coded to not do things. You *can* do just about anything, and that is something I love about SK.

We do not need restrictions on behaviour, we need to adjust our behaviour as individuals. If we need to influence others to act accordingly, then so be it, but I have always thought that junk looting and 'butcher corpse;junk all'ing is petty and ignorant.

People like this spoil the game, and should be ashamed of themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:15 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

I believe that junk looting in the middle of a fight seems a bit odd. Cyra, if you want a more appropriate example that would fit with today. Here it is: How easy would it be for you to take out the trash while you are being shot atd?

I don't really care about j-looting after a fight because the fight is over. There should be 0 restrictions after the fight is over. Going back to the example, after everyone is done shooting at you for one reason or another, how easy is it to take out the trash? Damn easy.

The butcher skill should also not be allowed in combat for the exact same reason.

For those that say you can do almost anything, why restrict? There are already many things that you can and cannot do during combat. Some things can only be done while in combat and some things cannot be done in combat. This just makes sense to add to the things that you cannot do during combat.

[edit] For those that say that I am a hypocrite, you are only partially correct. When I was a newb, that is all I saw and replicated it because of the distinct advantages. Acirin never did it and I don't condone j-looting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:45 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: That'd be telling
I wasn't QQing at all - junk my equipment, whatever. I have just seen to instances where it was so 'stupid' as to be allowed. In combat why would you start trying to smash and burn things, expecially considering there is a person not five feet from you with an awfully sharp sword wishing to remove your head. Sure, when you have killed them, do as you please - WHEN you have killed them.

The reason for a slight lag is to enforce the fact that no action is taken without consequence. If you wish to spend a small part of your life destroying items then do so, but spend it. I was thinking of an unnoticable amount for a piece of equipment, but a suit of armour and a few weapons, well that would take at least a few minutes to render unusable (so maybe only a matter of a few seconds in total). It would at least force a decision from the player - Do I....

1. get away while I can?
2. rifle through the corspe and take a few select items (to keep of junk)
3. take all that I can (to keep / destroy later)
4. spend a little bit of time butchering and junking (and risk being caught)

rather than - 'OMG i am being chased... s, s, buthcher corpse, junk all, quit/recall, LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:12 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Fepel Veiled wrote:
No.

I do not want people that are coded to not do things. You *can* do just about anything, and that is something I love about SK.

We do not need restrictions on behaviour, we need to adjust our behaviour as individuals. If we need to influence others to act accordingly, then so be it, but I have always thought that junk looting and 'butcher corpse;junk all'ing is petty and ignorant.

People like this spoil the game, and should be ashamed of themselves.

i'll agree with no on this proposal.

-however.. it is in the nature (aura) of some characters to be malicious and merciless . At least if something it Junked, it can be regained at the next reboot. People should walk around with tanso or brass after they get ganked anyway.. by junk-looting gear your character can be carrying out some revenge/diabolic RP.. who knows.. who cares.. it's armor. People get too attached. The hours you spend getting it enchanted/enchanting is beneficial for a time until Fate kicks in and a twink falls.

Also.. not to utter a spoiler.. but some cabal(s) have blessings that enable corpse destruction. This would also have to be changed/altered if this was implemented..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:18 am 
Mortal Contributor

Butchering, junking and sacrificing seem like they would take too much attention to do while you're in combat. If anything, restrict rifling through corpses in combat to items that are not armor pieces (for example, it's not so hard to lift a weapon from a corpse during combat, but it's inconceivable to take their clothes / plate-mail -- you might get away with a ring, or a piece of jewelry, however). You could also force people to have to get <item> instead of get all while in combat, since it takes too much time / effort to just get everything from a body. Likewise, going through the process of preparing steaks, skinning, destroying or ritual sacrifice are too complicated and time-consuming and require too much focus and attention for you to be giving it while you're in combat (outside of combat, however, this should not be an issue).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:20 am 
Mortal

I did not think that you could butcher while in combat? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:42 am 
Mortal

You can butcher in combat, but you can't sac in combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:24 pm 
Mortal

Wasn't butcher and skin changed so to be able to do them you have to be out of combat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:27 pm 
Mortal

You can not butcher while in combat.

Code:
[Life: 62% Focus:100% Body: 65%][A dangerous cavern, filled with fractured rocks]
zero
>
You strike suddenly, stabbing at a giant cave spider's chest!  Some GUTS fall!
You stab a giant cave spider's head.  A giant cave spider falls with a blank look on its face!
A giant cave spider is DEAD!!
butcher corpse <--- trigger butcher
eat steak
You hear a giant cave spider's death cry.
You get 3 silver coins from a corpse of a giant cave spider.
You get 8 copper coins from a corpse of a giant cave spider.
Just keep it all.
A giant cave spider pierces at your stomach, piercing you slightly.
A giant cave spider misses you.
Overall, a giant cave spider has quite a few wounds.

[Life: 61% Focus:100% Body: 65%][A dangerous cavern, filled with fractured rocks]
3 silver, 8 copper
>You are too busy fighting! <----ope! can't do it.

[Life: 61% Focus:100% Body: 65%][A dangerous cavern, filled with fractured rocks]
3 silver, 8 copper
>You do not have that item.

3 silver, 8 copper
>
A giant cave spider dodges your attack.
You stab a giant cave spider's mouth, knocking out a few of its teeth!
A giant cave spider misses you.
A giant cave spider pierces at your chest, causing a gaping wound!
Overall, a giant cave spider has quite a few wounds.

[Life: 59% Focus:100% Body: 65%][A dangerous cavern, filled with fractured rocks]
3 silver, 8 copper

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next