Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Necros v Warlocks: Pet capable?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:32 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Just something I noticed:

Necromancers often in the game bring with them an armada of undeath, and thrown somewhere into the mix is a 'magma mephit or other misc. pet. The undeath are, however, not considered pets.

Warlocks, -usually- carry around an elemental, for the most part less leathal than a group of seven wights, a necromancer, and a pet. However, elementals ARE considered pets? And this debilitates a warlock from having both an elemental and pet because, if while in the attempt to purchase one, you recieve a blunt decline because a pet is already within your command.

In my eyes, if Necromancers are free to animate forty wights and employ a pet, why cant warlocks conjure a single elemental and buy a pet?

Perhaps i'm missing something.. enlightenment or reasoning please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:23 am 
Mortal

Can you buy the mephit then canjure an elemental?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:07 pm 
Mortal

My understanding is that this was a balance decision, to keep warlocks from being too protected in the back row. Elementals tank much better than undead, and warlocks have better defensive spells than necromancers. If a pet allowed warlocks to take the third row, they'd be even tougher to kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:10 pm 
Mortal

Warlocks get things like ironguard, resist elements and most important of all stone skin. They also get mithril armor, which is unlimited in SK in the form of mithril skins.

Necros now may get all these, but all their pets are vulnurable to many things, have way less XP than an elemental and have several other disadvantages that I won't tell them all here compared to elementals.

Warlocks are fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:24 pm 
Mortal

This was changed back in the day to make it so a warlock couldn't be immune to backstab, if I remember right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:30 pm 
Mortal

Because warlocks are insanely powerful already. If you need an extra pet to be a decent warlock, you should consider deletion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:38 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

After GMing a Warlock and played him quite a bit, Warlock's don't need the ability of a second pet. When I played Acirin. I already solo raided towns. If I had a second pet. I would be damn near unstoppable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:51 pm 
Mortal

You are all either not well in your minds, or awfully stubborn (or simply kidding). A necro with 3451354 zombies and wraith can tank worse than a warlock? Oh, fine, let's just have the warlock TOTALY vulnerable until he reaches the specific area in TERON to buy his mephit, and not allow him to have them both.

This is plain stupid indeed. I wish it changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:33 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Juggs, I did not say that the two were balanced. I just said from a Warlock can walk through almost any town (Krychire being the sole exception).

Now, is the two classes balanced? Yes. For the most part an elemental can tank well enough for a ele. An ele has much more power magic than a necro. A necro's power is in their ability to have multiple undead minions.

The classes are balanced. Yes, juggs. For the most part multiple undead tank better than an elemental.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
juggernaut wrote:
You are all either not well in your minds, or awfully stubborn (or simply kidding). A necro with 3451354 zombies and wraith can tank worse than a warlock? Oh, fine, let's just have the warlock TOTALY vulnerable until he reaches the specific area in TERON to buy his mephit, and not allow him to have them both.

This is plain stupid indeed. I wish it changed.

No matter how many undead you have, only 2 will be standing infont of you and if your opponent knows what he is doing, you might begin getting hit after the first round.