Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:13 pm 
Mortal

Nothing will beat teleporting around with a ninja having the counter ability equipped and a 90% evade rate, and auto poaching anything in your path.

<3 poach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 pm 
Mortal

=P See cyra, more people believe you if you actually explain why its a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:02 pm 
Mortal

Goldlantern, you might be thinking of Tactics Advance. That one had a beastmaster class that may have used a whip.

As for the original, it was all about the Calculator. They were gods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:11 pm 
Mortal

There we go. I knew there was a tactics game in there somewhere. This "advance" crap is starting to get to me, though. There have been what, four different versions of final fantasy iv, and each one has slightly different crap in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:05 pm 
Mortal

I guess it is easier to swear instead of just asking for the clarification.

Ranged combat idea in simple terms, was to increase the capabilities of ranged melee weapons (ie speed/accuracy/damage) above which the lvl 1 skills give. It may require some tweaking of the combat system in general, (like a penalty to some of the long range melee weapons at lower levels, and a steadying out/bonus to them when this skill is learned)
As for the reason: some long ranged melee weapons I have not been able to find as much as when I started to play. Many people encouraged me to find some I could use, but then we started sorting out they were just not available. Making them not as powerful, they could be reintroduced. *shrug*
Could just be missed explaining this well in the first place.

As far as the call target thing, there was an entire other thread about scouts, and I thought this a valid skill idea. No one said it had to be an uber tweak to the class providing sounds of extra accuracy. Just a tweak, was all.

Thank you for those who at least saw the intent here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:46 pm 
Mortal

as for call target, I think bux or somebody else a long time ago had a "call shot" skill. Sort of like billiards, that gives you tunnel vision, but extra accuracy on that one specific target or something or other. I sidn't like it then either, and yours is worded worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:51 pm 
Mortal

When you say "ranged melee weapons" are you talking about reaching weapons like polemaces, battlespears, etc.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:53 pm 
Mortal

Goldlantern wrote:
as for call target, I think bux or somebody else a long time ago had a "call shot" skill. Sort of like billiards, that gives you tunnel vision, but extra accuracy on that one specific target or something or other. I sidn't like it then either, and yours is worded worse.

Ok yeah that's pretty much what I was going for. A skill that adds a bit of accuracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:22 am 
Mortal

Maybe I'm the only 'veteran' who thinks it, but scouts are awful. They are up there with barbarians, swashies before changed-taunt to give them one purpose in life, and shaman.

But hey, they're a fantastic class for the average player who doesn't care about pkill - and obviously none of the proposed changes here would serve a purpose while increasing the amount of tactics in pk (A necessity on all new abilities, as Dulrik has apparently stressed - manual skills are preferable to automatic ones).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:57 am 
Mortal

Amadeo wrote:
I guess it is easier to swear instead of just asking for the clarification.

Ranged combat idea in simple terms, was to increase the capabilities of ranged melee weapons (ie speed/accuracy/damage) above which the lvl 1 skills give. It may require some tweaking of the combat system in general, (like a penalty to some of the long range melee weapons at lower levels, and a steadying out/bonus to them when this skill is learned)
As for the reason: some long ranged melee weapons I have not been able to find as much as when I started to play. Many people encouraged me to find some I could use, but then we started sorting out they were just not available. Making them not as powerful, they could be reintroduced. *shrug*
Could just be missed explaining this well in the first place.

As far as the call target thing, there was an entire other thread about scouts, and I thought this a valid skill idea. No one said it had to be an uber tweak to the class providing sounds of extra accuracy. Just a tweak, was all.

Thank you for those who at least saw the intent here.

You've still yet to explain what a "ranged melee weapon" is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next