Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:47 pm 
Mortal

Back to topic. Dulrik, is there anyway that you would consider doing something like this if there was a Flag that one had to hold?

Think of the various RP's that the IMMS do. Baron Von whatshisname, the bone shaman, other walk on roles via NPC's. Imagine if some of the vetran players filled those shoes with this type of a character concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:29 pm 
Implementor

Krowe wrote:
Really? Where was I warned?

Your post doesn't make any sense, because this is your first message on this thread, unless Krowe = Lucius. I will assume this is true.

Clues that you were breaking the rules:
Lucius wrote:
<FLAME REMOVED>

Jardek wrote:
Wow, I can't wait to see whether the imms do their job and delete your post for trolling in gameplay.

Dulrik wrote:
I've removed the flames. Normally I would remove the posts, but then I wouldn't be able to reply.

Lucius wrote:
<FLAME REMOVED>

theDrifter wrote:
rules for gameplay are different from those of general discussion.

Lucius wrote:
<FLAME REMOVED>

As for the topic of the thread, I already gave my opinion at the beginning. I'm not interested in pursuing this feature and I gave my reasons why. You are certainly welcome to continue discussing its merits without flaming. Flames are restricted to General Discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:33 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Krowe wrote:
Really? Where was I warned?

Your post doesn't make any sense, because this is your first message on this thread, unless Krowe = Lucius. I will assume this is true.

Clues that you were breaking the rules:
Lucius wrote:
<FLAME REMOVED>

Jardek wrote:
Wow, I can't wait to see whether the imms do their job and delete your post for trolling in gameplay.

Dulrik wrote:
I've removed the flames. Normally I would remove the posts, but then I wouldn't be able to reply.

Lucius wrote:
<FLAME REMOVED>

theDrifter wrote:
rules for gameplay are different from those of general discussion.

Lucius wrote:
<FLAME REMOVED>

As for the topic of the thread, I already gave my opinion at the beginning. I'm not interested in pursuing this feature and I gave my reasons why. You are certainly welcome to continue discussing its merits without flaming. Flames are restricted to General Discussion.

Wow. alot of those quotes you have posted are clearly out of context, and one was part of another's flame itself.
I see now that I will only get this type of treatment at the same time as receiving selective censorship, so I will not ever step out to try to talk about ideas with you again.

And for the record, and with all due respect, you never addressed this idea's specifics, only a blanket denial that did not address the actual idea. Whatever then, so be it.

-Lucius/Krowe

Last edited by Lucius on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:46 pm 
Mortal

The Silver Screen wrote:
Special thanks -- Viewers like you

And... end scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:39 am 
Mortal

You're acting like a spoiled little child - just because you seemingly put a lot of thought into this idea, and thought it was good, doesn't make it so.

There were given reasons, it will, if not nullify, the lessen the importance of the age system. A new leader will always be subject to listening to "friendly advice" from the leader of christmas past.

Did you ever wonder that a blanket denial was quite befitting of the idea? It won't happen, players and immortals agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:45 am 
Mortal

Sometimes, I wish you could transfer what you to do flies to people too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:50 am 
Mortal

Ah, the famous fly-voodoo. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:26 am 
Mortal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:02 pm 
Mortal

Konge wrote:
A new leader will always be subject to listening to "friendly advice" from the leader of christmas past.

Thats called Role Playing dude. You could take or leave the advice. You could also do the dangerous path of summoning that voice to armor up and fight at your side. Better not drop the charm though, he could be upset that you summoned him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:26 pm 
Mortal

Konge wrote:
You're acting like a spoiled little child - just because you seemingly put a lot of thought into this idea, and thought it was good, doesn't make it so.

Hey pal, (and all that would make this argument) if you got into a debate with someone and then had an IMM jump in to delete your replies constantly- some of which were explaining ideas or defending yourself, you would be pissed far before I was. Making critical posts in the middle of an argument against the losing party is the "path of least resistance", it is easy and not profound.

And no, you are wrong. Dulrik did not go into specifics. He only said a general statement about the death system needing to be preserved, and mentioned his experience in the 90's with reincarnation friendly Muds.

This idea would not have the effect of those lame muds from the 90's. It would have several prerequisites that would put it into a totally different ballpark. For instance, it would be similar to holding a leadership flag, the players would be subject to summon-charms (forced RP rather than just NPC charmies), and would add nothing but layers of depth, rather than the boring status quo of power levelers playing musical chairs over and over.

It is influenced by my sheer awe of the characters like Frollith, Delear, Destuvai (spelling?), Salak ect. Players that do nothing but add positive content to the game.

Also, I know the idea is DOA, my point however is that it is not dead due to intellectual examination.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next