Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Leveling from Expert -> GM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:20 am 
Mortal

I don't like the change to leveling, which makes it more difficult to get from Expert -> GM. That combined with some quests getting wimped makes it quite difficult to become even Champion. Am I the only person that found it difficult to get to champion, even before where leveling was easier?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:43 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Aise
Im having problems too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:58 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: I wish :(
yeah I think mentor(1) + is extremely to rough now and Im playing a Gray aura. I can not imagine if I played a lighty how hard it would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Man, oh man, this is just another way that the twinks and level grinders and under50hourstoGM will be able to beat the system, but regular folks and slowly-but-surely 400hourstoGM tortoises like me will be crushed forever and never get to GM and all the other GM chars will be able to kick my pathetic PK rear! :rant:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:18 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Before, getting to champion was fairly easy (I suck at leveling). Getting to grand master, that was entirely a different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
this doesnt really pertain but I find it hilarious, your forum name and the subject hee hee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:48 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Bran
Yeah, mentor + is rediculous now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:06 pm 
Mortal

Personally I think it should be harder to level past mentor. Most people get all their skills by then - minus the few that have master spells and such - but come on ... nothing wrong will a little work to get to call yourself a GRAND Master. I would think that titles and ranks shouldn't be that easy to earn in less than 100 hours....But you know.. I'm just a young whippersnapper learning the ropes...what do I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:03 pm 
Mortal

Location: Arkansas....mutters/up on a mountain top beating my drum
I may not be in the majority here, but i've never made a gm at all, much less master in less than 100 hrs....i'm a mentor now, and it's taken me 100 plus hours....

I'm an on and off sker(i play for sveral months, then i quit for a number of months, then come back again) and this is one of the things that would put me off again, because it's now harder to level. before this update, i had hopes of actually getting to champ, bc for some reason this character has been shown more places icly, and dayamin's leveling guide has been a big help, because I know the name of places to ask about, and about what level to go to them. before that, I would ask "what should a class/status like myself look into training at"...and i would get the same five answers over and over.(the area command is fairly hard to understand in this point, because it said something like "expert to gm" instead of a easy to understand "go here at this status"

I'm not saying put it back, but (and this as I say it out loud sounds like a horrible idea, or at least hard to put into being) maybe have it so that the player can choose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Rubi wrote:
Personally I think it should be harder to level past mentor. Most people get all their skills by then - minus the few that have master spells and such - but come on ... nothing wrong will a little work to get to call yourself a GRAND Master. I would think that titles and ranks shouldn't be that easy to earn in less than 100 hours....But you know.. I'm just a young whippersnapper learning the ropes...what do I know.

The problem is that there will always be people who can GM in less than 50 no matter what, and these people tend to be PK heavy. For instance, I went on vacation over Christmas and I come back 5 days later and Syndal already has a GM. That's CRAZY to someone like me. Not saying it's bad, but if I make a character that is someone like Syndal's mortal enemy due to religion/race/cabal (FOR RP PURPOSES) then she is going to PK the living crap out of my pathetic veteran character over, and over, and over and over again. And then I don't want to play any more and I delete.

So many examples like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next