Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 04/06/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 am 
Implementor

Muktar wrote:
Now since MR can be raised to 100%, how are you supposed to get healed unless

Quote:
- Cannot receive MR-healing from spells cast from other areas

Means something

Characters that successfully magic resist against a spell will still receive healing from it, unless the caster of the spell is located in a different area than the resisting character. For example, a sorcerer in Exile attempting to summon a barbarian from Teron would have failed in the summon but would have succeeded in providing remote healing. The same with spells such as gate and voodoo. Those spells can still heal semi-remotely, but only if both the caster and target are in the same area.

In answer to your original question though, you can also be healed by using suppression.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am 
Mortal

Dulrik saw how hardcore my mercenary was and changed protection to nerf her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:36 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
- Magic resistance can now be raised to 100% effectiveness
Is this via training, or with training and enchants, or for us to figure out ourselves?

I had an NPC toss an interesting spells at me that I've never seen before, that would seem to fit with some of the new changes. If the NPC-only spells aren't consider strictly IC info, any chance we could get some info on it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 pm 
Implementor

jhorleb wrote:
Quote:
- Trained MR now blocks magical damage from non-spells

How does one know what damages are magical? Is deadly wrath damage 100% magical damage? Are there other damage messages that indicate magical damage? Is it sort of like the stoneskin thing in reverse where it blocks 1/2 of the damage if the weapon is adamantite but the damage is magical?

Also, I like the weapon breaking changes. Thanks D.

Physical attacks such as piercing, slashing and bashing are clearly not magical. For this purpose, acid and sonic damage have also been defined as not being magical. All other damage types are considered to have a magical origin. Deadly wrath would therefore be considered magical. However, if you take deadly wrath damage from a weapon, usually only half the damage is considered magical while the other half is from the physical weapon. Therefore this ability would block half the damage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 pm 
Implementor

Nightwing wrote:
I hope this doesn't apply to weapon types: I read this as "skills that are really spells," e.g., certain cabal skills.

It does apply to weapon types as defined above. It applies to any damage of a magical nature that was not already directly resisted by originating from a spell. For example, spirit aura is cast on the shaman and so was not resistible by the opponent. Now if a MR barbarian attacks a shaman with spirit aura, the spirits aura would still reduce incoming damage to the shaman but the reflected spirit damage back to the barbarian can be resisted on a per attack basis.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 pm 
Implementor

zryych wrote:
Quote:
- Magic resistance can now be raised to 100% effectiveness
Is this via training, or with training and enchants, or for us to figure out ourselves?

Eh... I don't feel strongly either way about revealing this. I guess I'll let you figure it out.

zryych wrote:
I had an NPC toss an interesting spells at me that I've never seen before, that would seem to fit with some of the new changes. If the NPC-only spells aren't consider strictly IC info, any chance we could get some info on it?

There were no new spells introduced in this update.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
jhorleb wrote:
Quote:
- Trained MR now blocks magical damage from non-spells

How does one know what damages are magical? Is deadly wrath damage 100% magical damage? Are there other damage messages that indicate magical damage? Is it sort of like the stoneskin thing in reverse where it blocks 1/2 of the damage if the weapon is adamantite but the damage is magical?

Also, I like the weapon breaking changes. Thanks D.

Physical attacks such as piercing, slashing and bashing are clearly not magical. For this purpose, acid and sonic damage have also been defined as not being magical. All other damage types are considered to have a magical origin. Deadly wrath would therefore be considered magical. However, if you take deadly wrath damage from a weapon, usually only half the damage is considered magical while the other half is from the physical weapon. Therefore this ability would block half the damage.

I may have missed it but does that mean the magic damage can be resisted and it also heal since you resisted it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm 
Implementor

MR Healing is still only granted for resisting an actual spell. This is a closely related, but new and separate mechanic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:

Guess it's time to change characters again

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 am 
Mortal

Terrus wrote:
ninja_ardith wrote:

Guess it's time to change characters again

I'm not planning on rolling a new character, but I can remember what a tool you were when you do it yourself, and start playing on my side.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next