Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 04/23/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm 
Mortal

thank you very much for new things

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Tragonis wrote:
Valeticia is not a law NPC nor is she orderable.

I think you can use the hellion NPCs to gain access to Valeticia.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:05 pm 
Mortal

I just tried. No dice. Had the same idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
Lighten load is also used by people who do not hoard. I am glad I did not join a tribunal with my current already, now to rethink what I am going to do (as that spell has many uses and there is not the pbase to always have a heavy armor priest around, or hell unless you are on the dominant side of the mud a priest at all). I believe getting away from NPCs holding spells on PC's is going to be detrimental to tribunals, as of now that is their LARGEST pull. Yes, the addition of a guard is nice, but very limited. If you are going to do away with half of a tribunals benifits, either A. get rid of them, or B. buff the [REDACTED] out of them. Or they will be left sitting there with no one in them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:12 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Terrus wrote:
Now NPC tribunal priests can no longer lighten load tribunal members unless they worship a heavy armor diety. Was this intentional? Does this mean only certain tribunals can now lighten load as well or was this taken from all? (update Zhenshi priests can still lighten load)

This greatly benefits lighty tribunals since the vast majority of their priests worship Alshain or Dulrik.

Tribunal law NPCs can still cast it if they are of the appropriate religion. However, you should not count on that forever. I am on record as moving the game away from NPCs holding spells for you.

I'm all for that but I don't get your consistency. People join tribunals for 1) Guard NPCs 2) Lighten load and 3) prayer. If you aren't for NPCs holding spells on people then make it so they can't all in one update at least. I can still have NPCs hold prayer, infravision, shield, invis, fly, airy water, armor, sanc, and probably even more I can't even think of right now. It doesn't make sense some tribs can still do lighten load and others cannot if this is your overall goal. Get rid of mages, priests, hellions, and any other class that can hold spells on someone else and you'll achieve your goal, but that is gonna take a lot of work.

Edit: I know this your game and I love it, else I wouldn't have played for 12 years but you need to know some people build their characters around certain things and when you go and uproot those things it tends to not only ruin that persons character but put them in a position to either reroll or quit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm 
Mortal

What sort of combat allows for negation? Is it strictly straight melee, or can reaching weapons, bows and slings, or even MR ignoring spells be considered combat for this purpose?

Is the healing from negation strictly limited to the barb, or does whoever it is that have their affects negated get the healing?

Can things like charms and elementals be negated?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 pm 
Implementor

Terrus wrote:
I'm all for that but I don't get your consistency. People join tribunals for 1) Guard NPCs 2) Lighten load and 3) prayer. If you aren't for NPCs holding spells on people then make it so they can't all in one update at least. I can still have NPCs hold prayer, infravision, shield, invis, fly, airy water, armor, sanc, and probably even more I can't even think of right now. It doesn't make sense some tribs can still do lighten load and others cannot if this is your overall goal. Get rid of mages, priests, hellions, and any other class that can hold spells on someone else and you'll achieve your goal, but that is gonna take a lot of work.

Edit: I know this your game and I love it, else I wouldn't have played for 12 years but you need to know some people build their characters around certain things and when you go and uproot those things it tends to not only ruin that persons character but put them in a position to either reroll or quit.

No, I don't get your consistency. In this post you appear to be criticizing me for making a single spell slightly harder to acquire. But then you recommend that I should immediately remove all casters from being law NPCs. And this is going to do a better job of not ruining a character?

For the record, the lighten load change was not about wimping tribunals - it was about giving the spell to a group that deserved to have it in their repetoir. However, when people complained about it, I did remind you that I am on record as moving the game away from NPCs holding spells for you.

That means I said it before. I said it again now. I will probably say it again in the future. Why do I keep saying this? So that it won't come as a surprise to you as it happens. So that you will not decide to make new characters expecting these abilities to always be available. It means that if I have a reason to make a change, protecting a tribunal "spell" isn't going to factor into the decision.

In the end, we appear to have completely opposite strategies in mind. You are advocating a swift destructive change that really would ruin characters but they would all quit and the wound would be cauterized quickly. I prefer to make changes slowly, and even if some characters get slightly worse over time, they continue to be playable in their lifespan.

But hey, it's not like I'm trying to kill tribunals. That's the other reason I won't just instantly take away all their "spells". Because there has to be something that comes in to replace it. And whatever that is obviously isn't ready yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
Implementor

zryych wrote:
What sort of combat allows for negation? Is it strictly straight melee, or can reaching weapons, bows and slings, or even MR ignoring spells be considered combat for this purpose?

It's intended to be straight melee (including polearm melee). Ranged weapons and spell casting should not count.

zryych wrote:
Is the healing from negation strictly limited to the barb, or does whoever it is that have their affects negated get the healing?

The barb aborbs the magic as healing, not the original possessor of the magical affect.

zryych wrote:
Can things like charms and elementals be negated?

Charms -- yes, although it's more difficult than ordinary spells. Elementals -- probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:53 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: I wish :(
<-- Is more and more encouraged to play a griffarb. Its about time they have a good chance in the melee world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 am 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
I hope it will be the same for all tribunals, since lighten load has always been a hoarder's spell.

You wouldn't be saying that if you played an elf merc!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next