Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 11/24/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:58 pm 
Mortal

NativeWolf wrote:
Do only priests have to relearn or do mages have to relearn as well?!

As far as I can tell (though I don't play a priest), there is a new spell of Enchant/Consecrate Item. Neither class relearns the spells, though the Priest version is renamed to Consecrate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:04 pm 
Mortal

Priests have to relearn the spell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm 
Mortal

Imperialistic_Babble wrote:

Ah, sorry for the misinfo and... that stinks. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
This is the end of buying stat mods, since its so easy to enchant all the stats you need now. Great change, thanks D!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:32 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Toji
Tragonis wrote:
This is the end of buying stat mods, since its so easy to enchant all the stats you need now. Great change, thanks D!

No, it's not.

Stat mods come as innate mods. that means you can wear two rings with innate and they'll stack. Enchanted mods are "enhancement" mods. That means you wear two items with two enhancement mods and only the greater one is applied. If anything, this made innate mod items much more useful and tinkering with their innate mods must more costly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 pm 
Mortal

Galactus wrote:
So... Shamans are still screwed because idols are worthless to them. They will always use a shield over a doll and it still cannot be used in the symbol slot?

Shamans, along with every other casting class in the game, received a huge buff from this update overall. Merely because their spirit totems are worn in hand versus symbol slot now doesn't make them "screwed" - in fact, it was every melee class that received the proverbial "no vaseline" treatment.

Today was essentially the death of "prep time" and the return of the days of the "I win" spells - the fact that the old enchantment system was replaced by this current one is laughable. While the time sink behind enchanting might have been reduced slightly, the end results are laughable and make investing in a kit hardly worthwile.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 pm 
Implementor

Revenger wrote:
Tojishiro wrote:
To my understanding, AP, since it's physical damage...
If the weapon has a magical damage type, then MP?

Well, according to old standards, it should be MP regardless.

What do you mean magical damage type ? All weapons should be melee, no? I don't know if the different echos they produce are based off a real hidden subtype or it is just a myth. This really needs to be cleared up also.

1. If you want to defend against any weapon that hits you in a physical location (such as an arm, torso or head), you want Armor Protection.
2. If you want to defend against any magical spell that always targets your whole body, you want Magical Protection.

Previously, MP did both of these things. Now it only does the second, while AP takes the first job. When you think about it, the old MP was not only doing two very different jobs - it was doing them two very different ways. The physical protection never stacked between pieces of armor while the magical protection did. So splitting them up actually clarifies and makes simpler these differing roles.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:40 pm 
Mortal

Imperialistic, I'll bite since I am not one to always understand the mechanics. How does this make it the day of the i-win spells again?

[edit] someone just explained it to me, nvm.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:42 pm 
Implementor

cheesekk wrote:
While I appreciate D's hard work on the MUD I am not a fan of the new changes at all. I personally think they've made things more complicated as a whole, screwed over anyone that built a caster (priest) that ignored ART in their trains, screwed over melee as a whole, and any race non magical as well.

To help ameliorate this dilemma, would it be possible to allow each character a one-time attribute points reset?

Through the use of mentoring, you can acquire additional mentor points and eventually raise art to whatever level you are allowed by your class. Yes, this takes a more time than a veteran normally takes to GM, but I do happen to be a fan of longer played characters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:44 pm 
Mortal

I know priests do, my question was do mages have to relearn as well?

IF mages do not have to re-learn, then priests just got horribly shafted. Not only do they have to learn 3 spells (2 of which may have been mastered previously), but most of us didn't build our priests with ART for enchanting. Going forward, ART now has a purpose for priests, but preeviously we might have trained ART on priests simply to help with the scrolls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next