Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 11/24/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:42 am 
Implementor

Imperialistic_Babble wrote:
The point is no consideration was given for the time investment people had put in to each other, and to their own gear. Instead of just letting it all phase itself out via jloots, jail time confiscation etc, as would happen eventually you decided to love on everyone else and disregard their time commitment in favor of forcing people to play within the confines of the new system which is my main issue with the unrolling of this new package.

The potential wailing and gnashing of teeth over equipment is exactly the reason why I didn't touch the enchantment system despite being continuously begged for more years than I can remember. If you (the collective "you", not necessarily Imperialistic_Babble) didn't realize what you were asking for when you requested to choose which endowments while enchanting, that's too bad. But give it a chance instead of turning on the tear faucet.

If I hadn't leveled the playing field, a completely different set of people would have been crying, and they would have been more justified. Most of the people who are really competitive have been rolling new characters every few months anyway. So unless they were cheating and somehow stashing their gear between characters, this should not make a huge difference to them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:04 am 
Mortal

btw, D love the bard love in here. Just one question, since bless now adds bonuses to fort/ref/will any possibility of the same happening to songs of protection? If no, I'm okay. Still love the changes overall and I do see some balancing will need to be had but I love it. I might actually play a priest/sorc!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:21 am 
Implementor

Galactus wrote:
btw, D love the bard love in here. Just one question, since bless now adds bonuses to fort/ref/will any possibility of the same happening to songs of protection? If no, I'm okay. Still love the changes overall and I do see some balancing will need to be had but I love it. I might actually play a priest/sorc!

All I can say is that there are no current plans. Songs of protection never gave the same bonuses as bless and still doesn't, so they aren't directly comparable. But songs of protection always gave out a bonus based on level. Bless only just started doing that today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Wow. What a shock to the status quo. Will you revisit areas such as Dreamscape, IC, and other high-level gear, and reconsider innate allocations?

Currently the the best set of heavy armor in the game is on a summonable NPC, and that's just hilarious. There are 2 other heavy armor suits I can think of that are greater saves (1 summonable, 1 not). There is only 1 suit of mithril I can think of that has innate greater saves and it is all of one type, though there may be two instances of it. There is also 0 "clothing" that I can think of with innate greater saves, and that must be frustrating for caster types looking to not get petrification recited at them.

There should probably also be some +AP innate gear but at face value this seems like a much, much smaller issue since shouldn't be too hard to add extreme amounts of it to every piece, though, wow, what a trade-off melee guys are faced with now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:46 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
As another aside, is there any consideration being given to letting other clergy consecrate, and other mages enchant?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 am 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:
As another aside, is there any consideration being given to letting other clergy consecrate, and other mages enchant?

Even if it is more limited then true clergy or mages, I am all for this!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:21 am 
Mortal

Tojishiro wrote:
Tragonis wrote:
This is the end of buying stat mods, since its so easy to enchant all the stats you need now. Great change, thanks D!

No, it's not.

Stat mods come as innate mods. that means you can wear two rings with innate and they'll stack. Enchanted mods are "enhancement" mods. That means you wear two items with two enhancement mods and only the greater one is applied. If anything, this made innate mod items much more useful and tinkering with their innate mods must more costly.

If you're wearing more than +5 in a single stat then you're doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 am 
Mortal

Lollerskates at all the QQ in this thread, typically by the higher end players. I've seen this phenomenon in many games over slight, subtle changes, such as going from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach, people who played competitively are still crying over the reticle flare (or bloom as those anti-social dipshits like to call it).

I had a great kit with my current character Tolene, probably the best kit in the game, and it all got wiped, but whatever, I can build a new kit.

However, I do have a caveat. Adding speed enchants to weapons is crazy. Melee is easily dominant, mercenary, and necromancer are the two most powerful warrior classes in the game, and giving them the ability to spam more attacks a round is just silly. I didn't see that one coming. Unless there are some new harsh limits on weapons and my +11 damage bill is no longer possible.

Enchanting stats is a great thing, no longer do players have to be held to the good graces of a builder to add some gear that they want, or need. Five stars for this addition.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I'm only slightly peeved that priests are the only ones that need to relearn their spells.

If we're pushing a reset button, why didn't the whole thing get wiped clean?

My main character is useless enough without having 0 ART and becoming the new idiot on the block despite being 217 years old.

I'm excited to see what these changes mean for overall gameplay, but I has a small sad for priests this morning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 am 
Mortal

Props for the insane change. Much rather have a game that changes, and makes this still interesting. Even someone as slow witted as me can see the greater strength for customization while taking out the long hours of enchanting, even if it means that overall the high end, fully enchanted gear got hit by a Mohel. In the long run, this will serve to better balance out many aspects of the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next