Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 11/24/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 am 
Mortal

evena wrote:
I'm only slightly peeved that priests are the only ones that need to relearn their spells.

If we're pushing a reset button, why didn't the whole thing get wiped clean?

My main character is useless enough without having 0 ART and becoming the new idiot on the block despite being 217 years old.

I'm excited to see what these changes mean for overall gameplay, but I has a small sad for priests this morning.

I hardly see your character as being useless. Do you campaign for using crossbows as a priestess? No, you don't. I imagine, after talking with someone who enchanted a container (whoo!!) that it is still possible to get a gross amount of enchantments on armor, and items, and your priestess should be completely capable of whipping up some +5 stat mods for hapless newbs. A lot of value was added to your class by that change alone. Especially since we don't have to wait for some [REDACTED] to die so we can get our hands on some limited item, or wait for the monthly reboot for some jackwagon to get dehoarded. This is a huge plus for players of hellions and bards. As for needing to relearn your spell, that's hardly an issue at level 50, which your character is.

Okay in short, Dulrik gave us a much needed change, and to do that it was imperative that [REDACTED] be wiped clean. Don't complain. We'll all recover from this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
I wasn't really complaining, it's just not fair.

Everyone's "enchant" spells could easily have been reset to make it fair: That's all I'm saying.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I play a halfling priest and I'm really excited about these changes and seeing how they change things up. I do not like having to find and relearn spells, however!

Of course, I trained in art a bit... my answer might be different otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 am 
Mortal

I am masturbating furiously to these changes.

One inconsistency I notice is that sorcerers cannot enchant for MP, yet they still possess a spell that can create a force field of MP, the shield spell. Maybe this should be moved from sorcerer to priest?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
It sounds like art is going to make it easier to push endowments to epic levels, not so much to get your basic set on an item. I think more live testing is going to be required before it becomes obvious that priests that didn't train art got screwed. Knee-jerk reactions are pretty common in game communities when mechanics change, but they aren't necessarily right. The people that freaked out when the PvP stats on armor in DCUO and claimed it was the end of the game were wrong; I imagine those people screaming the same thing here are probably wrong as well.

Overall nice changes. Shame they came too late for me to take advantage of.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
ninja_ardith wrote:
I am masturbating furiously to these changes.

One inconsistency I notice is that sorcerers cannot enchant for MP, yet they still possess a spell that can create a force field of MP, the shield spell. Maybe this should be moved from sorcerer to priest?

I don't see that as necessary. Sorx should prob keep shield spell, even if they can't enchant for MP.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 am 
Mortal

I think we can see which stellar Pk'r was asked....

Would love to have a age old question answered that no one seems to know. With the new system, when you have a bow enchanted for accuracy, damage and/or speed is it improving those stats for when you are firing the bow or just when your beating someone over the head with it. It was my understanding the old enchant system only affected the bow when you were using it to pound someone into the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Thanks for taking the time to revamp the enchant system, D. I am sure there will be lots of tweaking in the future to deal with any balance issues that came from this. I think it's way too early to see what those balance issues will be. For example, mercs might seem better because you can enchant for speed on weapons, but they also have to decide between AP or MP on their armor. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pibbs
Dulrik wrote:
- Updated song of silence to use cast time penalty
- Ramp up casting penalty on song of silence each round

Given that people think the enchantment updates were a buff to casters, why was song of silence changed? It seemed like only within the past several months has it actually been a factor in a handful of skirmishes (since nobody really thought it useful previously).

Having not tried it against PCs, just NPCs, its usefulness is now dramatically reduced (seems to either not really increase casting time, or adds 2-3 rounds max), and may prove to be of little use as the ultimate song in the bard's repertoire. Also, there is no longer any room echo to indicate that it is working. I also presume that it no longer stops those in the room from giving orders, reciting scrolls, etc.

I just don't understand how songs of silence is not now a lesser version of songs of sleep (just one status higher).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 am 
Implementor

patrisaurus wrote:
As another aside, is there any consideration being given to letting other clergy consecrate, and other mages enchant?

Sorry, but no. These two classes are your endowment machines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next