Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Deeds, keys and ownership
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 am 
Mortal

Just make it so they can add 'items' through an extended description, or drop whatever items they want into the room that are already in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Did this ever become a thing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:33 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
No and I doubt it will , the only people who usually want this are the fountain RPers ( no hate against them personally).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Kirsenvar wrote:
No and I doubt it will , the only people who usually want this are the fountain RPers ( no hate against them personally).

Guilty as charged. Anyway, I saw that you can at least in one city, just not one any of my characters would want to live in :P

I'd like to see some of the other building/crafting suggestions in this thread implemented. Can make fountain rpers, mudsexers, and builders all happy in one go.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:32 am 
Mortal

You can buy keys to houses/apartments/whatever in a few different towns. They're temporary most of the time, and the builds are pretty bland, IMO.

I have to say, it would be nice to have player-desc'able homes and I think it'd really add something to the game in terms of drawing people in.

People like to be able to have their 'own thing'.

In terms of 'omg but safety zones/etc' or whatever, idk, let's be serious. If you don't want to be PKd, it's not hard to avoid. You can sit in a cabal HQ (omg people can break into cabal hqs!!! okay, while you're killing the guardian, I have used WoR/Recall/Trib Recall to get out of the HQ. Not like you have enough people to kill the guardian and cover three different rooms), some random area, or a dozen other things. Make the player houses not count towards hours for maintaining loot/flags/etc.

What ever happened to the apartment building in Exile? There's still a sign saying it's coming soon.

Edit : Make the houses cost money, and have 'coin sinks'. Want a fountain in your house? 25 obsidian. Want an extra room? 20 obsidian. Want a customizable piece of food (maybe to be approved by imms?) that spawns in your house? 30 obsidian. Etc etc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
I haven't forgotten about the apartments. Just got distracted with other builds.

I don't have the power to green-light custom homes like this, but the theoretical space exists in Taslamar (Exile and Everclear) and Nerina already. Elisair has homes that could be converted, and there could be additional vnums elsewhere.

The isssue I see with the idea is that it demands immortal intervention at every instance. There is zero way to automate the implementation of these homes, and there is zero way to automate their destruction upon retirement or age death of a character. There is zero way to ensure that there will be staff available to describe on demand and at the availability of character funds. The moment we implement this but can't deliver for someone in a timely fashion for whatever reason, there will be accusations of favoritism toward those who already do have homes.

I understand the appeal, but I don't think that we have systems in place to make this doable in any sort of fair manner.