Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Deeds, keys and ownership
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vicasharie
As I've been RPing and adventuring through the realms... I've come across many houses in various areas where no one lives... or certainly no one of real importance to the game. That got me thinking quite a bit... why couldn't these houses come with keys/deeds which the players could buy, sell and use. You purchase the house from another player or a real estate office in the city... receive the key/deed and you are the only one who can enter the place. You could leave some gear or other things there that you don't necessarily want to lug around with you all the time, etc. I'm not saying that we custom build houses for any of the players, that would be a builder's nightmare I'm sure... but why not be able to buy and sell houses throughout Pyrathia with the simple transfer of a deed/key. Of course things wouldn't always be 100% safe as another player could potentially pick the lock or charm someone to hand over the deed/key... but that would be part of life. Maybe on the flip side, there could be a scroll or spell of home protection or even you could hire a NPC who would stand watch.

Post subject: Re: Deeds, keys and ownership
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:42 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
See: Everclear housing authority.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 am 
Mortal

You can also buy keys for the apartments above some shops in Nerina.

I wouldn't try storing your stuff there, though. And you'll lose the key upon logging out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:46 am 
Mortal

Very interesting... but it doesn't seem to be a very large part of the game. Is there an authority in each city where you can do this? And why would you lose the key upon logging out? That's wierd.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:55 am 
Gold Donor

MsPooperTrooper wrote:
And you'll lose the key upon logging out.

Not true. I've held keys for OOC months for those apartments. They do have a value and may be taken by thieves though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 am 
Mortal

No, it's not a very large part of the game: There's a small subset of players that want it, how large should it be? I think it'd be neat if there were more available options, but there's literally nothing stopping your character from squatting wherever he or she likes. Iliphalia has lived in the same Elisair home for well over a century.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:00 am 
Gold Donor

evena wrote:
No, it's not a very large part of the game: There's a small subset of players that want it, how large should it be? I think it'd be neat if there were more available options, but there's literally nothing stopping your character from squatting wherever he or she likes. Iliphalia has lived in the same Elisair home for well over a century.

I hear that. Ailee squatted in a certain hidden cave on the Taslamar/Ayamao border for quite a few years. There are quite a few little hidden homes around the lands anyone can take for their own.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:04 am 
Mortal

I think it would be great, when a crafting system is implemented. Needing several players help build homes, or repair them. Stuff like that would help. Ohhh... Make the doors have upgrades and whatnot so that they can never be pick proof, buuuut... can help make it harder.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:05 am 
Mortal

I definitely considered the squatting thing with my character... and that's what brought me to the idea of having something that could be purchased and owned. It would allow you to make it more of a 'home' by purchasing some of the decorations you find around the realm. I know I saw a table and chairs you could buy someplace!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:06 am 
Mortal

They'd be wiped at every scheduled reboot, but again, nothing stopping you.

I don't think we should discuss making rooms that save items past reboots. The potential for abuse is outrageous, especially with one-of-a-kind keys.