Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should MR affect magical weapon damage?
Poll ended at Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am
No, that's too strong. 58%  58%  [ 15 ]
Yes, it's fine the way it is. 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
Yes, but not as much as it does now. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Re: MR and magical weaponry
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Prindle
Mystery solved ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:45 am 
Mortal

I still don't agree that MR barbs should be innately half or completely immune to high-level weaponry.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 am 
Mortal

I think MR barbs being immune to the magical properties of an adamantite sword is okay, but I do think it's a bit ridiculous for complete immunity to an energy weapon.

Maybe instead of complete immunity from the magical properties of weapons, they are at most half immune. Basically, do all the normal calculations that happen now for MR checks, but at the end, divide the amount of damage reduced by 2. They will be quarter immune from half physical half magic, and 50% immune to pure magic weapons.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Edoras wrote:
Yes, MR causes you to completely nullify damage from magic/magic weapons. That is why I made this thread in the first place.

Opey, your griffon MR barb was "unaffected" by the Subram-Dulzar spheres life drain. This is also true for someone wearing MR gear.

Did this happen during our necro test? Forgive me, Edoras, but my memory is quite poor. When I said that I wasn't sure that an MR barb took less damage from magical weapons, I was referring to an log I have in which Tyto beat me like the red headed step child I am with a freezing-type damage no-dachi.

Is "freezing bite" not considered magical type damage? I assume, then, that an MR barb could negate the damage from a certain cabal weapon with this "bug".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:19 am 
Mortal

Opey wrote:
Edoras wrote:
Yes, MR causes you to completely nullify damage from magic/magic weapons. That is why I made this thread in the first place.

Opey, your griffon MR barb was "unaffected" by the Subram-Dulzar spheres life drain. This is also true for someone wearing MR gear.

Did this happen during our necro test? Forgive me, Edoras, but my memory is quite poor. When I said that I wasn't sure that an MR barb took less damage from magical weapons, I was referring to an log I have in which Tyto beat me like the red headed step child I am with a freezing-type damage no-dachi.

Is "freezing bite" not considered magical type damage? I assume, then, that an MR barb could negate the damage from a certain cabal weapon with this "bug".

That no-dachi is also made of a physical material. That physical material is still sharpened. That sharp edge still enters your body.

The freezing bite part of the no-dachi's damage is ignored. The blade entering your skin part is not. It probably still says that it's freezing bite does damage to you, but it's not.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 am 
Implementor

I agree that's how it works. It would be cool if all the magical damage being removed would change the message, but a bit tough to do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 am 
Mortal

Opey wrote:
I assume, then, that an MR barb could negate the damage from a certain cabal weapon with this "bug".

The Subram-Dulzar spheres do 0 damage to an MR barb, because they are made of energy and have a "magic" type attack. It does change the message, you see "xyz is UNAFFECTED by your life drain!"

I would presume that the same thing would be true about a darky MR barb going against a Hammer of Light, which is just dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 am 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
The Subram-Dulzar spheres do 0 damage to an MR barb, because they are made of energy and have a "magic" type attack. It does change the message, you see "xyz is UNAFFECTED by your life drain!"

It changes the message of a pure magic weapon, but not of a split weapon. Just clarifying.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am 
Implementor

Edoras wrote:
I would presume that the same thing would be true about a darky MR barb going against a Hammer of Light, which is just dumb.

In your opinion it is dumb, but I disagree with your opinion. It makes logical sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next