Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coliseum battles
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:54 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I will have to make the room no-magic in order to prevent such issues, but it seems that would be the safest bet. After tonight's events, I'll take that route in order to ensure a more definite security.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm 
Immortal

In thinking about it further, no magic does prevent undead from being used in the contests. Not sure if I like that option, but I'm not sure what the best option is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:39 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Making the room null-magic makes the entire thing really frustrating for anyone to view. If possible a script that would prevent spells from casting would be best, and I would imagine there's some way to do that. Maybe not though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 am 
Immortal

I really doubt there is a way to script it easily. I would have to make a series of rooms that do not allow casting and make you wait for several moments to enter. There would be no coming and going freely. Or I could make a blanket statement that there is no PK allowed for the duration of a sponsored IMM event. Or make the room no magic. None of these are tasteful solutions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 am 
Mortal

Can the room be coded to nullify any magic cast, not stuff already in affect? For instance, don't know if it is a bug or not, but the jails don't nullify any magic already on you, they just stop any further magic from being cast.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Galactus, jails are actually null-magic: It's just that the transport script which sends you to the jail doesn't remove all your buffs when you are are transported.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 am 
Mortal

Maybe check the script on those "Failure's Chains" out in the nightmare realm for ideas? They seem to have a way of stopping casting, but it might be similar to the one you're currently using where if a spell was started already, it wouldn't stop the spell from finishing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 pm 
Immortal

I found a solution that will work. I looked at that object and does use a similar method to what was using. Hopefully everyone is able to put the mistakes made behind us and continue to enjoy the coliseum events.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 pm 
Mortal

more coliseum battles please!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 am 
Immortal

New features of the Coliseum:
- Players competing in PvE fights will be given healing potions to help with the challenging battles.
- A variety of PvE challenges have been prepared for players to fight.
- Players competing in any fight will receive healing herbs to help make the fights last longer.
- Coliseum events can be run by properly flagged characters.
- Spirit Disorientation removed from those dying in any fights.
- Fatigue removed from those dying in any fights.
- Security increased to reduce any unintended fighting in The Viewing Area and its entrance.
- Increased the number of possible fighting groups (or solo fighters) to 4 at a time.
- Added the ability to grant gold rewards to those who compete.
- Added the ability for properly flagged characters to lock and unlock the viewing area.

Bug fixes for the Coliseum
- Added the ability to remove hostile PvE NPC's that win versus PCs.
- Fixed some erroneous messages the scripts were sending to characters.

There are two essentially "safe rooms" I've created and hope people will enjoy the ability to gather without worry of any unlikely chaos and death. Basically "The Viewing Area" and "The Viewing Area Entrance" are intended to be a place that is a pk-free zone. Please try to refrain from engaging in conflict during these events.

The "Coliseum Control Panel" is accessible by any properly flagged character. Volunteering to help doesn't necessarily mean you'll have access, but the more you can do to gain my trust, the more likely you could have the opportunity to access it. In the future, I will likely grant Heroes the ability to this mechanism and allow them to organize events all on their own.

My goal has been to make these events multifaceted and fun for all sorts of folks. I've attempted to provide a safe and neutral atmosphere for people to watch, enjoy, and learn something about tactics. Maybe you'll come check out the fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next