Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coliseum battles
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm 
Mortal

mageZorekin wrote:
NativeWolf wrote:
I was totally fighting in RL and missed the fighting in SK....

Do I win?

Need pics of both parties to determine the winner. Before and after pics, so we know which one took the most damage. Was there buffs involved and was the weapons enchanted?

Umm, the only person that I know for sure I'm fighting this weekend is double my weight, give or take...twigs vs. tree trunks in the leg department... :P

I'll be a little busy fighting to take pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 am 
Mortal

Sounds like you need a manager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 am 
Mortal

So, NW...how do I get in?

Don't give me that look. You know what I'm asking.

WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT IT JUST LET ME IN OKAY!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 pm 
Mortal

Rodwen wrote:
So, NW...how do I get in?

Don't give me that look. You know what I'm asking.

WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT IT JUST LET ME IN OKAY!

As long as you punch like a girl, we'll be good. ;) Come on down, we'll show you how it gets done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:02 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
There will be time to do some battles in the coliseum Friday night and sometime Saturday. I will tentatively aim to start at 6:30 PM Friday, January 11. Times for Saturday TBA. I have been making some additions to the coliseum this week to improve the experience for competitors. Hopefully the improvements make the system quicker turnaround between the fights.

I will certainly need some player help in getting the events rolling. I am excited to give more details about the improvements I have made, but I would prefer to make those announcements in game. Here's to some good, clean fights!

:drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 pm 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
There will be time to do some battles in the coliseum Friday night and sometime Saturday. I will tentatively aim to start at 6:30 PM Friday, January 11. Times for Saturday TBA. I have been making some additions to the coliseum this week to improve the experience for competitors. Hopefully the improvements make the system quicker turnaround between the fights.

I will certainly need some player help in getting the events rolling. I am excited to give more details about the improvements I have made, but I would prefer to make those announcements in game. Here's to some good, clean fights!

:drunk:

Just for that, I am groin kicking my opponent while thinking of you...scheduling SK fights while I'm fighting....BOOOOOO!!!!!!

Only kidding...I won't be thinking of you as I kick!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:51 pm 
Immortal

And we're off!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 pm 
Immortal

I'm unhappy with the way things started out tonight. I'll accept the blame and apologize for not being more clear about my definition of security. I apologize to the player of Sakaslan for taking up his time when he very likely had a valid reason to do what he did. I'll also apologize to the player of Rinax for not being more clear on what I provide at the events I sponsor. Please, both of you forgive me. I provide security to the one room that is the focal point of whatever event is taking place, be it Coliseum Battles, Bonanza events, whatever. Leaving that room is at your own risk. I'll do my best to discourage PvP taking place in the vicinity, but can't be held responsible except when it comes to the front and center spot. I hope there's no hard feelings and I do want to make an effort for everyone to join in the fun without fear of reprisal from their enemies.

Don't show up to start a fight or you'll be thrown out. Don't leave the area if you're worried about your safety. I'll make sure to remind everyone of these things in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
A thing that should really be addressed is that I'm pretty sure someone can still walk-in final strike that room unless that -specific- spell is blocked. I accidentally walked in while a groupmate was casting an innocuous spell and it still finished, so I presume the same would work for holy word, final strike, and I imagine that fireball is still castable from range. The only one of these spells that is a real problem (In that it can destroy EQ instantly without any sort of reprisal first) is Final Strike. Obviously if someone were to do that they would get strung up against the wall, but since the official IMM policy is not to restore EQ... well, that isn't much of a deterrent.

I'm mainly posting here to ask "Can someone actually walk-in final strike that room" and if so, can an avoidance for that be scripted? I don't expect that most of SKs pbase would do that, but it only takes one guy to ruin that whole thing pretty much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Edoras wrote:
I don't expect that most of SKs pbase would do that, but it only takes one guy to ruin that whole thing pretty much.

Pretty much agree with this. I think the script should be altered just a bit to stop a spell from completing as well as starting. There's already certain items in game which have this kind of script, so adding it shouldn't be difficult.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next