Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coliseum battles
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 pm 
Mortal

Let me give you a suggestion: Don't hold these events on the two biggest party nights of the week for a bigger turn out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:13 pm 
Mortal

Terrus wrote:
Let me give you a suggestion: Don't hold these events on the two biggest party nights of the week for a bigger turn out.

Not everybody is a 20 something that goes out and gets wasted on alcohol every Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
Terrus wrote:

Not everybody is a 20 something that goes out and gets wasted on alcohol every Friday.

Yeah. The best nights to go out and get trashed are during the week anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:42 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Turnout was sufficiently pleasant. I wish I could say the same for the reliability of my scripts. I think we found a pretty good rhythm at first until the scripts started acting up mid way. By the time we got to the end I was very ready to be done. I'll head back to the scripting this week to correct a few flaws I saw and deduce whatever caused the main problem. Thanks for showing up everyone. And thanks for being patient and hopefully it was still enjoyable.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
Terrus wrote:

Let me rephrase: Don't hold it on days where people are most socially active and out living in the real world. Not everyone wants to stay at home on a friday or saturday night and fight mythical creatures.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:11 pm 
Immortal

Sorry to admit this, but my scheduling of these events is based almost exclusively on my availability in the evenings. I don't imagine there's much reason to hold them mid-afternoon or early morning which would be my most available free times. I can't really promise time on evenings which I will be working in case they run over like they usually do. I would love to do them during the weekend times but there's too many other demands on my time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
I think a few mid-morning events would encourage participation from those on the other side of the puddle.

While participation was higher at the evening snowman competition, I did have participants in the first.

All that said, I might do a coliseum showdown on a weeknight sometime soon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 pm 
Mortal

And you were talking earlier about volunteers who might be able to one day run these on their own? Has that went anywhere?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:34 pm 
Mortal

I would have loved to join in the fun, but we drove down to my family's this weekend and I don't like to get too absorbed in anything when I'm visiting. :/ Maybe next time!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 am 
Immortal

Rodwen wrote:
And you were talking earlier about volunteers who might be able to one day run these on their own? Has that went anywhere?

Yes, we're getting closer to that goal. Obviously with the events the other night there are still a few kinks to be worked out. I feel the closer we get to having one of these events run without error entirely, the more likely we will be able to hand the reigns off to the players. As it stands there are characters flagged already who could likely run an event without IMM help, but I would be concerned about the chance of mistakes causing things to go awry. I would be more comfortable to keep working on it and set a decent example of how the events could run before I gave the real go ahead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next