Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: MR barbarians immune to counterstrike
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 am 
Implementor

Resist elements was never nerfed. Making it unbrewable was actually a buff. That anyone would perceive it as a nerf just goes to show how often this unique spell was previously used by classes other than the one that gets the spell.

Also, that change was not RP related in any way. It was purely for game balance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Resist elements was never nerfed. Making it unbrewable was actually a buff. That anyone would perceive it as a nerf just goes to show how often this unique spell was previously used by classes other than the one that gets the spell.

Also, that change was not RP related in any way. It was purely for game balance.

Dulrik wrote:
When resist elements was brewable, it proved that no matter how much you like the idea of a RP restriction of not giving it away, it doesnt work. More potions were given away to allies on both sides than were ever used by the warlocks themselves, which just led to them nerfing themselves as a class.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I just remembered why I always regret clicking the "Display this post" button when grep posts. Thanks for reminding me, grep. You're completely wrong and either have no idea or are just trolling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
grep wrote:
Dulrik wrote:

Dulrik wrote:
When resist elements was brewable, it proved that no matter how much you like the idea of a RP restriction of not giving it away, it doesnt work. More potions were given away to allies on both sides than were ever used by the warlocks themselves, which just led to them nerfing themselves as a class.

These are not contrary statements. Warlocks were nerfing themselves by handing out RE to everyone. Removing the ability to do that buffed warlocks significantly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 am 
Implementor

I think the misunderstanding here is that grep believed that making it un-brewable was the 'RP restriction'. That was not the intent of what I was saying. We had previously tried to use a RP-related restriction as a reason for warlocks to not give away the spell, but it was ignored. When it was proven that it would not work, we went to a hard-coded non-RP restriction, which was to make it unbrewable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:39 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
You realize that when you counterstrike, you are using the attackers own move (including their own weapon) against them, right? It's a redirection of their attack into their own body. I am guessing that the griffon attacking you was using a certain well known magical weapon.

Herein is the problem then. MR barbarians can combo to get rid of weaknesses that they'd otherwise have, like a giant using lightning damage. Given that I'm seeing logs, and have been on the receiving end of an MR barbarian shanking an entire group solo, I'd say that the bonuses are way too good.

You've also unfairly stacked the odds in favor in CRS due to this class. CRS is virtually unplayable on the offense because of MR barbs. But given your response in another thread about how you're surprised that people didn't rank rogue higher because they can get the drop on other characters--I don't think you understand the balance of your own game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 am 
Mortal

Ardith, MR barbs are not the reason that CRS is virtually unplayable on the offense. That's actually extremely ridiculous. You got your party wiped in CRS because you set in motion a gameplan against a single defender that played to that single defenders' biggest strengths.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
Ardith, MR barbs are not the reason that CRS is virtually unplayable on the offense. That's actually extremely ridiculous. You got your party wiped in CRS because you set in motion a gameplan against a single defender that played to that single defenders' biggest strengths.

And what is his biggest strength? That's right, he's an MR barb.

Thank you for verifying my assertion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 pm 
Mortal

No, his biggest strength is that he's a Hammer barbarian, meaning that if there's a darky in the front ranks he can all but immediately eliminate them from the fight.

You're 100% right though, of course. Don't let me distract you from yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 pm 
Mortal

I've already thoroughly destroyed your argument there, Edoras.

It's just painful watching you go on and on when I've produced evidence contrary to your claims.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next