Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: A third good alignment?
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 am 
Mortal

Ya know now just for the hell of it I want to make a character that has an alter ego. Mild mannered by day, dark knight by night!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Been thinking about this a bit more. Pacifist seems like more of an excuse for people in this game to ignore PK. I think something like "altruist." Someone who literally devotes their whole lives to helping others and charity. They shy away from battle and conflict but will fight for the light and less fortunate when called upon to do so. They would sacrifice themselves for others. They see selfishness as the worst flaw in people. They are slow to anger and quick to forgive. They are also devoted to saving those of evil and selfish hearts.

I think this would be a neat alignment, and a lot of personal interpretation. Would you resurrect those of darkness if asked? How far would you take the savior complex? Would make lighties a lot more interesting, and this teeters on the edge of pacifism without giving people an "out" in the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
ladyjennbo wrote:
Been thinking about this a bit more. Pacifist seems like more of an excuse for people in this game to ignore PK. I think something like "altruist." Someone who literally devotes their whole lives to helping others and charity. They shy away from battle and conflict but will fight for the light and less fortunate when called upon to do so. They would sacrifice themselves for others. They see selfishness as the worst flaw in people. They are slow to anger and quick to forgive. They are also devoted to saving those of evil and selfish hearts.

You just basically re-worded the old Principled helpfile. That was changed because it's not possible to "save" the evil and selfish of Pyrathia.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 pm 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:

I think this would be a neat alignment, and a lot of personal interpretation. Would you resurrect those of darkness if asked? How far would you take the savior complex? Would make lighties a lot more interesting, and this teeters on the edge of pacifism without giving people an "out" in the game.

... ignore pk? Partially. Kinda like how all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs. I'm talking about shunning ALL killing, pc and npc alike unless in defense of your own life, and even then only if you can't escape.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gorvik, Kriltor, Viliatrou
Whatever happen to this? Let's implement some new fun stuff, not bashing on the astral grouping thing but that's not what sk needs right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10