Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 11/4/2013 Q&A
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:
A room lock would not make fights come down to who has more potions, necessarily.

Yeah, no. Last thing I want to see is even more logs with double heal quaff spam.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
ninja_ardith wrote:
This just rewards the style of play of setting the aggressive stance, and bashing your opponent to submission so he loses the bonuses of his stance. The defensive stance is now worthless, I'm not sure about the hedgehog stance, but if it holds the same chance as other stances to avoid being knocked prone, it's worthless as well.

I don't like that it rewards front-line melee that use aggressive stance by making it harder to knock them prone after the first bash/trip. The code is in effect putting them in a better stance, without any input from the player. Conversely, it punishes front-line melee that use defensive stance by making it easier to keep them prone.

This update is counter-intuitive and to be blunt - scrub friendly. It punishes players for using the correct stance (defensive) in the front row and rewards players that sit in aggressive stance and go mongoloid/HAM in PK.

I still don't understand why you are getting upset. This update serves to balance the game even more and I don't understand why you fail to see that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:17 pm 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:
I still don't understand why you are getting upset. This update serves to balance the game even more and I don't understand why you fail to see that.

kid, nobody is upset - upset is what happens when I gank one of the Scrub Club and they run to GD to QQ or send me a string of tells with the f-bomb misspelled in new and interesting ways

This change certainly doesn't balance the game, but it does bring more parity - decisions and tactics matter less, so there is smaller margin between skilled and bad players. Not that the current iteration of SK requires much skill.

Just sayin'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:28 pm 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
jreid_1985 wrote:

kid, nobody is upset - upset is what happens when I gank one of the Scrub Club and they run to GD to QQ

This change certainly doesn't balance the game, but it does bring more parity - decisions and tactics matter less, so there is smaller margin between skilled and bad players. Not that the current iteration of SK requires much skill.

Just sayin'

Very mature of you. I'm surprised you keep bringing that up since it has no relevance to this thread and it was in fact "you" who broke the golden rule and "you" who had to deal with the consequences. You still sound a bit upset at this recent code change without actually having seen it first hand. You were upset about the tribunal code changes as well and I'm starting to see a clear definitive pattern here of complaint and an inability to roll with the punches when it comes to code changes. I think you should step back, take a deep breath and relax.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:32 pm 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:
Very mature of you. I'm surprised you keep bringing that up since it has no relevance to this thread and it was in fact "you" who broke the golden rule and "you" who had to deal with the consequences. You still sound a bit upset at this recent code change without actually having seen it first hand. You were upset about the tribunal code changes as well and I'm starting to see a clear definitive pattern here of complaint and an inability to roll with the punches when it comes to code changes. I think you should step back, take a deep breath and relax.

kid the only consequence of my brutal gank on your character was to enjoy your sweet, delicious tears on GD

Not sure how you arrive at the conclusion that I am upset about the update. I actually like the update, since it could eventually lead to something fun - similar to how stance dancing worked for warriors on WoW. It is just not that good in its current iteration.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:39 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
I have but one suggestion as it seems obscure and unnecessary for the player of the character to repeat a command over and over for something already stated.

If the chosen stance of a character is automatically resumed when the prone effect ends, it will not cause too much inconvenience to players(especially in training) and it will also have the desired effects.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:52 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
Yeah when leveling a new cha and you lose 9% Pe every time...might as well train in neutral stance....this is rediculous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:06 pm 
Mortal

I like the idea of making stance more important. I suggest the following for casters:

Neutral - no penalty, no bonus
Aggressive - spells cast faster, increased ME cost, higher concentration
Defensive - spells cast slower, decreased ME cost, lower concentration

Change prone to only interact with hedgehog stance, since this bit of code seems to be the "counter" to that skill. Require defensive stance for hedgehog to activate and force swashbucklers back to defensive stance, if they are knocked prone.

Let everyone else deal with the consequences of the stance they choose, without the game rewarding people for mistakes/blunders and penalizing people for using good judgment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:07 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
What I see this update as is a buff to swashbucklers, the front row class that everyone said sucked and needed help. Casters worth their salt shouldn't be going prone, if they do, they are F'd anyway. What kept on being said over and over again was that any merc/barb going toe to toe with a swash would always win over the swash. This changes that, with kip up. These two unique skills combined make swashies incredibly more viable, because any merc/barb going up against a swash is/was going to be aggressive with a massive, earning an extra attack that is difficult to be parried.

While it is a consequential nerf to any front row caster, like a battlepriest or paladin, it balances out the disparity of front-row tank+damage output utility that had everyone griping. "Why would I choose a swash over a merc or barb?". I think the decision is suitably more complicated now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:27 pm 
Mortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
What I see this update as is a buff to swashbucklers, the front row class that everyone said sucked and needed help. Casters worth their salt shouldn't be going prone, if they do, they are F'd anyway. What kept on being said over and over again was that any merc/barb going toe to toe with a swash would always win over the swash. This changes that, with kip up. These two unique skills combined make swashies incredibly more viable, because any merc/barb going up against a swash is/was going to be aggressive with a massive, earning an extra attack that is difficult to be parried.

I don't think anyone has a problem with swashbucklers getting hedgehog stance - in fact, it looks pretty fun. The issue most people have is that the new prone/stance interaction was introduced as a way to counter hedgehog stance.

There is a better way to deal with and/or balance hedgehog stance than forcing everyone to neutral stance from getting knocked prone - see my previous post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next