Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: What would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 pm 
Mortal

grep wrote:
I know that the ability to redesc equipment would make a lot of dress-up people happy, but I also know that such an idea has been shot down in the past.

I like this idea a lot. Shattered Kingdom's version of transmogrification.

Make it so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 pm 
Mortal

I'd like to see a slight rework to spells. With the new enchant changes, it's hard to get the required saves and you're lacking in some area, be it fort, willpower, or reflex. (lol..) This is the way it should be, but a max art character can absolutely devastate most players even with a good chunk of resists. 20 willpower doesn't really hold up too well against max art.

Case in point my Sprite with 20+ willpower enchantments still getting summoned even with resisting summons. While people say that "Lol get willpower, nub" I did and it still happened.

Mechanically, one shot spells should be removed from instant gratification such as scribing and magical devices such as staves, wands and scrolls should not exist with overpowered charges. Strong or powerful should be the best. If they must exist in overpowered charges, then 1-2 charges max with the ability to be unable to recharged.

The fact that most people rely on magical devices for damage rather than spell damage is backwards. It's better to zap a cone of cold spell from a certain wand than cast it because it takes too long to cast it. Same with petrification. There is 0 risk to reciting a scroll on a guard to remove it from the battle. That isn't tactics. It honestly surprises me that more people have tried reciting scrolls on other players yet because strong scrolls and higher are so easy to obtain now.

Spells in my opinion need a bit of a boost. Compared to melee, most of the time melee damage is simply superior. There are a few logs to where a vet has shown some good reports with warlocks and such, but for the most part, most kills come through melee damage. Warlocks, for the most part, are still only viable when in a cabal / tribunal it seems. They can't really hold water very well on their own and I personally feel they could use some reworking. It's far easier to nullify spells with simply using defensive spells than it is to nullify melee damage in the same way.

Melee damage has too many damage buffs. Between the enchant system, giant strength, haste, frenzy and other things, they can reach 4-6 attacks per round. Some of the combos, such as a halberd reaching 3-4 attacks per round, is down right game breaking as they can nearly one round someone, even with good armor. If you want combat to last longer, give spell damage an equal footing with melee damage in some way. As it stands now, a solo warlock non tribunal can't compete because they don't have the damage output that a sorc has with a barb NPC and a well enchanted weapon. In this way, I'd like to see them have some sort of spell, either via dispel, or something that lowers the enemies magical protection that way they can actually damage people. Against well buffed people, they pretty much can only run. Either that or cap the number of attacks you can get to around 4 or so. 6 attacks per round is pretty beastly and it seems most people go for speed or damage anymore. Accuracy doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Sorry Finney, but midnight warlocks are pretty tough. Warlocks still aren't fine without a cabal. All classes should be able to stand alone on their own feet, not having to rely on gimmicks like druids or MC provide.

For gods sake, let a warlock dismiss and resummon their elemental and summon it even when dispelled. You have no idea how much having an elemental dispelled sucks. It literally cripples you for 20+ minutes if they catch it at the beginning of the cycle. This is bogus. Sorcs and Necros both can just run and fetch another control or make another wraith or something. Warlocks can't do this.

Finally I agree entirely with tragonis, even though I'm guilty of playing more than one character. One character per person.

Those are just my two cents, but I rarely play anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:02 am 
Mortal

This:
Tragonis wrote:
Only one character per player and a global p-wipe to get rid of all the storage characters.

And this: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=23550 Seriously: I have a ton of people who really dig the concept of mudding when they hear about it. MUD's still have something that other games cannot compete with, but people wont play them because they do not resemble anything they are used to - it is scary kinda. Making the game readily accesible to them with an interface that both appeals to them graphically as well as it offering a fast learning curve would really do it I am sure. It would take some serious effort though. A half-arsed attempt would not do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:13 am 
Mortal

Good point, Alvarro - won't clutter up the thread talking about specific skills, spells or classes.

Last edited by FinneyOwnzU on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:16 am 
Mortal

Did you guys read this? :P

Dulrik wrote:
In this regard, changes to specific skills, spells or even classes are not ideal for inclusion in this thread [...]
Thanks!
-D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am 
Mortal

alvarro wrote:
This:
Tragonis wrote:
Only one character per player and a global p-wipe to get rid of all the storage characters.

Not sure I agree with this idea. I typically only have one character at any given time, but occasionally I do like to create an alternate character to test out new updates - like kip-up and before that aura of negation, etc.

The crusade to stop hording is not worth killing off the ability to have alts, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:45 am 
Mortal

Trag, these issues were never a problem when you had leet gear and relic in hand destroying people. Advocating changes like this seem very self serving. A few people are simply upset that they now are on the receiving end of the very same thing they did to another cabal, or upset that other people have the loot that you just want.

One character per person would not excite anyone to play more, and would in fact deter them from playing more often. I fail to see your logic with this, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

I personally would like to see some changes with CRS, for example upgrades. You can upgrade your inner or outer guardian with more armor, maybe upgrade its attacks. You can throw some money into hiring extra groups or types of guards for when the outer guardian falls. Pay for guards who can mount and fire those siege weapons that nobody really uses.

More random drop scripted type items and item quests, like infravision ring and detection cloak.

More options when it comes to tribunal guards for every group.

More mid range and high end gear to give people more options so they do not complain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
I would like to see more OOC communication, plans and transparency. Both from Imms and players, I know this can be hard as there is no such thing as a schedule for SK gaming or building. More kind behavior in general, being rewarded when displayed. To give people a chance to understand the difference between IC and OOC.

As far as game play , I would like to see spellers actually able to use their own casting more than items, perhaps give chance of their spell effect happening closer to the middle of their lag time rather than at the end of it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I think our audience is getting older, getting jobs, getting married, getting more responsibility, having kids - and we don't have a younger audience to build it. Marketing on Facebook was working a bit I think (the questions that led to the FB page) and maybe we could take out a small Facebook ad. I bet there are all sorts of young nerdy hipsters who want to forego WoW as being too popular and play an old-fashioned text RPG. What kind of cool hipster cred can you get with that? :drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
jreid_1985 wrote:
Trag, these issues were never a problem when you had leet gear and relic in hand destroying people. Advocating changes like this seem very self serving. A few people are simply upset that they now are on the receiving end of the very same thing they did to another cabal, or upset that other people have the loot that you just want.

One character per person would not excite anyone to play more, and would in fact deter them from playing more often. I fail to see your logic with this, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

I personally would like to see some changes with CRS, for example upgrades. You can upgrade your inner or outer guardian with more armor, maybe upgrade its attacks. You can throw some money into hiring extra groups or types of guards for when the outer guardian falls. Pay for guards who can mount and fire those siege weapons that nobody really uses.

More random drop scripted type items and item quests, like infravision ring and detection cloak.

More options when it comes to tribunal guards for every group.

More mid range and high end gear to give people more options so they do not complain.

Look, this was a problem a few months ago when the hammer hoarded relics and tried to work icly with storage characters. Dulrik didn't make a thread about it back then though so I didn't speak up. I gain nothing if this happens since next week will be my last for the next six months. I don't care what happens to loot or relics since I won't be around to enjoy them. The arguments that it is only a problem now because it affects me is invalid. I think long and hard about things that make playing more fun and less fun and make my suggestions off of that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next