Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Which options are best for retaining and exciting EXISTING players?
Poll ended at Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 am
Quest upgrades (More, easier, better transparency, etc) 9%  9%  [ 40 ]
Ways to communicate RP (Journals, Think Channel, etc) 5%  5%  [ 23 ]
Tradeskills (forging, dyeing, mining, etc) 10%  10%  [ 43 ]
Reduce effectiveness of spell items (wands, staves, potions, etc) 4%  4%  [ 17 ]
Heroes (not necessarily heroes of old) 8%  8%  [ 35 ]
Official info sharing (Wiki and/or Guide Forums) 8%  8%  [ 36 ]
Out of game communication (Ex: CB/TB Channels on FB messenger, note boards via forums, email notifications for game events) 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
Make the game more interesting before Master (methods to be discussed) 5%  5%  [ 23 ]
Make the game less difficult/more casual (methods to be discussed) 6%  6%  [ 28 ]
Balance melee and spell damage better 5%  5%  [ 23 ]
Change CRS (Ex: No ability removal, "enforce" losing, to be discussed) 9%  9%  [ 37 ]
"End Game" content (methods to be discussed) 7%  7%  [ 30 ]
More regulation: Hoarding (other types? to be discussed) 9%  9%  [ 39 ]
More use for loyalty tokens (Ex: improve skills, to be discussed) 10%  10%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 434
 Post subject: Re: Vote: Best changes to retain/excite existing players
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:22 pm 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:
I do not consider an opportunity to communicate In-character to be a "cake" situation.

I think it's awesome to roleplay. It is the only really unique thing SK has to offer better than anyone else out there. It's delicious cake.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:26 pm 
Implementor

As someone who has a decade of professional development experience of both console and social games, I have a perspective that a lot of people either aren't familiar with or don't believe (and yet are absolutely true based on hard analytical data).

Patrisaurus and theDrifter both get it. theDrifter has clearly communicated what it takes to have an audience for a game on the modern internet. Patrisaurus has clearly communicated some ways in which this could work for SK.

The reality is that if SK is going to remain active for more than another couple of years, we need to open up other ways to interact with it besides the default client/terminal-based application.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:01 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I support all of the ideas mentioned. The ones I voted for are: tradeskills, magic item balancing, heroes, out of game communication, more casual methods, spell and melee balance, CRS tweaks, and better enforcement of hoarding. Some of these are ideas I've supported for a long time, tradeskills, heroes, and others. Others are popular ideas that I believe players support and would have the idea implemented for their enjoyment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
So once again, I watched some of the hobbit, and I really liked the albino warg or whatever the beast was that the orc king has?
Would epic mounts or epic tameable creatures be something to excite the playerbase?
Perhaps a shop would sell only one or two of a specific type of pet?
Maybe attribute an epic mountable pet *despite size* to the people given the Hero flag. (or however hero works)

New pets. That would be cool. make them seem beastly. wildcats, snow leopards, dire wolves. They all look to be cartoonish in my mind. they should be drooling at the mouth, dripping with blood. Beasts.

Just more thoughts from the ol noggin.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:41 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Here is a quick idea. Can we have spirit disorientation wear off light sitting in a jail does and fatigue too? All these are things we sometimes just have to idle for in boring rooms. Why not have being offline help wear these off like crime time at 1/10 the rate?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 pm 
Mortal

It'd be neat, if you logged off for more than half an hour, to get a restore when you log back in. Minus final strike, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 am 
Mortal

This may belong in the other thread but the CRS system is listed in this one so I figured I would put it here. I definately aggree on the WIki and out of game/in game communication.

I have not been apart of the CRS system and know little about it other than reading posts. However I am always drawn to joining a cabal. The skills are a bonus but to me it is more about being included in a team. The thing is there is not much for me to feel like an asset until I hit max level.

I would like to see quests or campaigns that would be PVE centric and be repeatable available only under mentor status to avoid abuse. It would be nice that upon completing a kill campaign or a collection quest for the cabal it would provide all members a temporary boost or temporary access to a tier of skills.

I would like to see more specific quests in general for religion or race and class that could add more flavor to your story.
The other thing I would like to see is more armor sets. Everyone likes bling so if you join a religion you should have access to religous style equipment at lower levels etc. Though this may be addressed with trade skills.

I don't get the feeling as a player that I matter to the game. My actions whether they are small or large seem to have no consequence on the game at all. I know this is probably the most dificult task to achieve in a sand box style game. Dynamic areas would be interesting but most likely not worth the effort to create.

So I don't have much of a suggestion for the last one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:46 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
radg wrote:
I don't get the feeling as a player that I matter to the game. My actions whether they are small or large seem to have no consequence on the game at all. I know this is probably the most dificult task to achieve in a sand box style game. Dynamic areas would be interesting but most likely not worth the effort to create.

I find this an interesting observation. Since I became an IMM about a year ago, I have witnessed and/or personally been involved in the implementation of at least a dozen player-orchestrated additions to the game. They have ranged in scale from simple permanent items to temples to GRPs with permanent fixtures. This is something that several players list among their favorite things about SK -- that they actually do matter.

While many of us snoop characters to get an idea of what players are looking to accomplish with their characters, we can't see everything. I think the RP log is an excellent idea to help with this sort of thing, but I don't think that the game can fairly be accused of not allowing players/characters the ability to influence the Pyrathian world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:46 pm 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
radg wrote:

I find this an interesting observation. Since I became an IMM about a year ago, I have witnessed and/or personally been involved in the implementation of at least a dozen player-orchestrated additions to the game. They have ranged in scale from simple permanent items to temples to GRPs with permanent fixtures. This is something that several players list among their favorite things about SK -- that they actually do matter.

While many of us snoop characters to get an idea of what players are looking to accomplish with their characters, we can't see everything. I think the RP log is an excellent idea to help with this sort of thing, but I don't think that the game can fairly be accused of not allowing players/characters the ability to influence the Pyrathian world.

It's probably because it is not obvious how a character goes about getting an IMM to build something for them. There is no formal system so if you have no experience it can seem like some players just know the imms and can get something done. Maybe there could be at least a help file or sticky on the forum that explains what it takes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm 
Mortal

There's a valid equality of opportunity concern when it comes to game contributions. I believe this stems from, like theDrifter seems to make a point towards, the official inaccessibility of immortals in the sense of the everyday communication that people can identify common interests and make ideas from. The everyday newbie is left to e-mail while some veterans have YIM or even "down the hall."

It's like a situation where some people can do what's practically Enochian magic to get things put into the game; some people know the secret names of God, some don't.

If we admit that builders only have so much time, there exists in that something of a challenge for newbies to overcome. Should that be the case?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next