Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Civility, Transparency, End Game
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
So wait, the change to the portal rings makes them gnome-only now?
Or was there something else here that I missed?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:45 pm 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:

Even if you are a gnome, they will rot about 10 minutes after dropping, rendering them useless, since the general usage consisted of dropping one in a safe spot and going about your business.

Also, see how buggy rot scripts are in general and good luck. Ex:sacred gear.

Stupid scripts like 'no sleeping in the dreamscape' need to be removed as they do nothing but make the trip longer and boring.

End game areas need a complete overhaul. You're looking at roughly 6 straight hours for 6 or more people to get to GGI or Ephialtis, and that's if you know what you're doing, which is absurd. Oh and that was with the rings. Too many parts that give no hints as to how to proceed like how the duck do you get Despair from one side of the Dreamscape to the other, when the maps aren't connected. The knowledge that Somnium's tower exists is OOC info at this point, as it teleports around the Dreamscape and nobody is exploring it regularly like we used to, and I doubt more than a handful of living characters have seen it.

I assume the button in the IC is already on the list to be fixed. The rooms leading up to the IC entrance need to be magic-ok, as that's really the dumbest part of an IC trip. If people can get a big enough group together, let them go fight the IC NPCs, who cares. Don't wipe weeks of prep and hours of effort with a [REDACTED] series of no-magic underwater rooms that have aggro NPCs, that's the kind of stuff that just aggravates players. The same goes for the stupid statue of Mira in the Nightmare temple, which AFAIK, there are no clues telling you how to use it., and it will instakill half your group while teleporting the other half into aggro NPCs

Nobody still playing is going to bother with these areas, as it's almost a guaranteed wipe, ridiculously time consuming, and honestly, we've seen pretty little evidence of staff making good eq in the past 3 years. I've seen one good piece. Everything else is "mwahaha let me troll the game by putting AP on this adamantite and lowering it to tan so quality". The vets will hoard/pk for the easy to get good stuff, leaving the newbs with nada. The only reason they've been done in the past 6 months is because of the rings and curiosity about whether stuff had been buffed. The rings are required because the player base is less than half of what it was when Dreamscape went live, and probably less than 1/3 what it was when the IC went in.

I love Somnium's tower, it's a really fun area, and the puzzles are great. But holy [REDACTED] those crossword rooms are an OOC knowledge quiz. So is the bit about the 'Quad' (also the book with the answers to that part issssss...in a cabal HQ).

P.S. Remember that time Somnium petrified a whole group and all the statues immediately crumbled because of dreamscape scripts? Good times. Stuff like that's why these areas only get touched once in a blue moon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:10 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Nashira wrote:
We've already brought up the mechanics issues related to enchanting uber gear with D. It's not really a building issue. We'll see what, if anything, he has to say about it.

It is something that can be bandaided with building a safe room for enchanting near the armor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:20 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

Cordance wrote:
Nashira wrote:
We've already brought up the mechanics issues related to enchanting uber gear with D. It's not really a building issue. We'll see what, if anything, he has to say about it.

It is something that can be bandaided with building a safe room for enchanting near the armor.

Probably not? But we feel you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:21 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

Trosis wrote:

Yes. Roll a gnome ***NOW***.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:11 pm 
Mortal

Nashira wrote:
Trosis wrote:

Yes. Roll a gnome ***NOW***.

Yeah Um.... I think I'll pass. Gnomes aren't as awesome as they are when I steal them off my neighbors lawn during a scavenger hunt.

Go back beneth your bridge and hunt for goats, you troll! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:52 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

Dwarf?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:07 pm 
Mortal

Nashira wrote:
Dwarf?

Been there. Bad spec. Keep tryin! :p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:33 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

Dwarf merc spec throwing axe MC? I had one of those. Tanked out the wazoo, and had an amazing beard, to boot. Er... off-topic?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 pm 
Mortal

I still cringe at that spec choice. If I recall correctly, part of your original intention with the throwing axe was to actually throw it from the 3rd row at casters/clothies. You could literally buy an infinite supply from the old kytar area. But yeah, back on topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next