Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Incomplete list of OP race-class loyalty token combos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 pm 
Mortal

Merc:

Griffon. Combining the innate power of merc with the spam death of griffon.

Sprite. In the hands of someone who could get ironguard, it would be like a sprite swash or sprite shaman for their legendary deflection, but... a merc.

Hellion and Paladin:

Giant. Bash is the one reason that these classes don't belong in the front row. Of course, these classes suck anyway, but Giant may be one of their better race picks.

Priest:

Sprite. Fly, magic resist, size tiny bonus and 25 dex bonus to miss/deflection are pretty good. Cold iron weakness is the only real issue. It's like a halfling priest with mad deflection that can't be tripped.

Rogue: Giant again. 25 str size giant weapon backstab. Being a rogue is all about maximizing the power of your backstab and hamstring. Giant is obviously the best option for this. Having mad carrying capacity is also a great perk for steal. Containers can be really heavy, and if you can't carry the weight, you fail the steal.

Sorceror: Halfling. For the sorceror who wants magic resistance and doesn't want to be a sprite due to RP or cold iron.

TLDR:

Giant, sprite and halfling are great races.

Last edited by Lumiere on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Incomplete list of OP race-clhass loyalty token combos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:51 pm 
Mortal

This list is uh. Everybody should ignore this list.

Halfling sorceror.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:58 pm 
Mortal

Griffon Merc: Questionable, low amount of slots make for extreme vulnerability to spell attacks. Lack of saves. Bonus: Several really good material griffon-only weapons out there. Better off going MR barb - don't have to worry about the saves. Main weakness of no flight for MR barb mitigated by race.

Sprite Merc: From what I've seen, pretty good.

Giant Hellion/Paladin: Paladin? No, you need spells+skills to make the class work, giant doesn't have the mental stats. Hellion, only if you plan on being purely melee (focusing on cleave) otherwise you're giving up a lot of useful hellion spells. I wouldn't do it. I'd rather play a minotaur hellion even with all their weaknesses than a giant (even though you can't because of stupid alignments :cry: )

Sprite priest is good IMO.
Halfing sorcerer, not high enough INT. *Unless you depend on certain cabal spells*
Giant rogue? Not sure, I've seen a few but they always sort of disappear and I never hear about them again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:05 pm 
Mortal

Sprite priest is the only good one on this list, and Lumiere didn't even get the main reason right. 22 int is the highest a non-deep-elf priest is getting and int is way more important than wisdom in every situation except voodoo cannon.

Post subject: Re: Incomplete list of OP race-class loyalty token combos
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:37 pm 
Mortal

I think that elf priest gets that int too, Syn.

With the new tremendous nerf to enchanting, and consequently to all non-hoarded EQ, I think that the 'running around naked' quality of griffons may now be severely less of a handicap than it was before EQ got wrecked. It used to be that a griffon would have less saves than any permanoob who enchanted his storebought tanso steel- now you need to be a badass hoarder to even get innates on your armor.

I don't think anyone has seriously given it for a spin since the change. Griffon was written off as the noob spam death race and hasn't been evaluated since EQ was wrecked.

Giant hellion could join a cabal that is very friendly to hellion RP to buff up their mental stats. Age ticks come quickly. What does he need to concentrate on so hard, anyway? Detects? Protection? Domination? I guess he might have to live without domination.

Giant rogue would obviously be the most OP rogue ever. Rogue is all about backstab potency, and giants are all about damage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:01 pm 
Mortal

Obv centaur necromancer newbs. Its like the best combo for 80 tokens with mino priest trailing close behind.

But on a serious note, all the best races stat-wise for casters are.. already available.

You're only really looking at 2, maybe 3 classes that benefit from being a giant. The rest is just for rp.

Rationalizing that naked griffons (with the exception of MR barb) are now somehow a viable option since the mud-wide eq nerf is just lulzworthy.

Giant rogue would probably rock your socks off, but rogues in general are just so easy to counter through formation changes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:18 am 
Mortal

Well, the EQ nerf certainly favors them, but that may not be enough to make them not be lulzworthy. I haven't really checked, and I'm kind of tired of experimental builds for now. Has anyone skilled played a griffon since the nerf? I've seen the classic and beloved griffon shaman fist do pretty well, but it wasn't being forced to make any saves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
None of these are OP. Halfling sorcerer is the only one that's even a "good idea," mechanics-wise.

Hah, just kidding, halfling sorc is stupid, thanks Syn.

Griffons aren't OP. Hellions and Paladins aren't OP, priests aren't OP, rogues aren't OP.

Last edited by Edoras on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:28 pm 
Mortal

Eddy, halfling gets 21 int. Is bad idea. Why you say is good idea. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Okay, didn't realize that. Halfling sorc is stupid.