Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Should bounty NPCs be removed from the game?
Yes 60%  60%  [ 30 ]
No 40%  40%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: Bounty NPCs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Less obvious to most people. Bounty NPCs are really really stupid, and should be removed from the game. Tribunals should get a buff to make up for this, clearly. Maybe stronger guards in general, or maybe something cooler than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:25 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Tribunals can remove their bountymobs by not depositing money into their coffers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:28 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
I honestly can't tell if you're being serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:31 am 
Mortal

On that though - How about a way for tribunals to define where their money goes? Just a simple breakdown of like 3 or 4 different things and based on a percentage system:

Enforcement = Bounty hunters
Defense = guard NPCs
Economy = (not sure how the economics work, but this would have the strongest effect towards that)

Perhaps something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:43 am 
Mortal

I can tell you from experience that flushing money into your kingdom's economy doesn't do anything to help. In fact those people that buy and sell things (particularly sell things) will deplete the money that you flush into the economy in less than a 24 hour period.

When I was leader of the Peacekeepers the only thing that kept money into the economy was working with the current KD of Taslamar to fix the shops into selling goods that people would actually want to buy. It worked maybe too well though as we went from a depression (which happened almost immediately after the economy code was introduce) to inflation. I guess that's okay though since I think it means that you can sell things at a higher price.

On the subject of bounty hunters, they are excessively [REDACTED]. I don't want NPCs interfering in my bringing people to justice. There's only two instances I can clearly recall where I used a tribunal NPC in PK and only one of the times was it even clutch. Tribunals don't need any more benefits than what they have to begin with anyway. They get free spell ups from NPCs (which in some cases outweighs the benefits of cabals), a NPC that they can order and immunity from the law. Those are perks enough. The idea of using stock NPCs to impede a rampaging party is dumb anyway. Killing 90 golden griffarbs adds nothing to tactics or strategy and is actually pretty easy now.

I can easily equate this situation to Final Fantasy 12 where it is possible to actually set the game up to play itself. I guess that can be "fun" but I found games like Star Ocean to have a better interface as pressing a button actually caused an action to happen.

Dulrik, however, is actually clueless when it comes to tactics and strategy.

Last edited by ninja_ardith on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:44 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Its not nearly that simple. Economic conditions are not solely from conditions inside the kingdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:45 am 
Mortal

I am proactive in this removal of bounty NPCs from the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:27 pm 
Mortal

I too would like to see them removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:01 pm 
Mortal

I voted remove them, but am kind of in the middle. Still completely sure on either side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:06 pm 
Mortal

Bounty NPCs have their place, but they might be too many/powerful. The fun player versus player battles are in or near lawful areas. The worst battles are at leveling grounds, but somehow Dulrik's thinking has those reversed. I don't get it.

I am also sad to read that Achernar's proposed fix is to not deposit coins into it.

One glaring flaw of the bounty NPCs system from coffers is that sometimes people play odd hours and farm out these NPCs when their opposition are completely offline.

Can you do something about that? Cabal headquarters spawn more guards with fewer opposition, bounty NPCs should have at minimum reduced costs when there isn't anyone online.

Now before you refute take a moment and think in the shoes of the tribunals. How would you like it if you worked to get the coffers up and people get the balance to 0 when you goto sleep, work, or whatever?