Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brainstorm: What change(s) would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:41 pm 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
Merida wrote:
Destroy all cabals. Allow PK to be toggled.

it's already a toggle.

but determining who has it toggled on/off is vague at best, with the list of qualifying events growing and will probably continue to grow. that is just a ridiculous way to handle it. should add an auto option that would put [PK] beside a character's name on the who list and be permanent once toggled on - can't turn it on, kill a bunch of people, and then toggle it off.

or just get rid of rule #1 and watch as the who list grows again

The MUD I used to play had that feature. If you turned it on, you couldn't turn it off but your PK status was only available to other PKers.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:09 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
For that to work in sk if anyone were to ever group with or cast a beneficial spell on a pvp enabled character, it would have to flag them as enabled. Or if they were to ever use the brew, scribe, skin, recharge, or enchant skill as these could help a pvp char gain an advantage. Summary - bad idea.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 am 
Mortal

An xp based method of constant progression. Leveling can be tedious but I feel somewhat accomplished when I get over the next hurdle. At gm you max out, gear up and it gets boring.

A token based system seems to cater to leaders and high followers that can gain them 2.5-10 times faster than the avg player.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:54 am 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:
An xp based method of constant progression. Leveling can be tedious but I feel somewhat accomplished when I get over the next hurdle. At gm you max out, gear up and it gets boring.

A token based system seems to cater to leaders and high followers that can gain them 2.5-10 times faster than the avg player.

This.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:15 am 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:
For that to work in sk if anyone were to ever group with or cast a beneficial spell on a pvp enabled character, it would have to flag them as enabled. Or if they were to ever use the brew, scribe, skin, recharge, or enchant skill as these could help a pvp char gain an advantage. Summary - bad idea.

the best solution is simply delete rule #1

but if the staff is dead set on keeping all sorts of wile e coyote rules, addendum, revisions, and clarifications that govern which characters can and cannot be killed - an auto toggle that puts [PK] by a character's name on the who list is a better solution because a player can instantly recognize whether their intended victim is a legitimate target without needing to be a rulez lawyer...

and wonder if they r going to end up in cold storage or eating a big, phat curse

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:52 am 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:

To build on this, maybe "levels" past GM could earn you extra att trains or new utilitarian skills like pick locks, identify, etc?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:04 am 
Mortal

There definitely has to be a separation between loyalty tokens and something(xp) your character can physically go out and earn AND utilize. It's completely okay to let a character who wants to put in hundreds of hours create huge advantages for their character, both in PvP and PvE, because they EARN it. Everyone has the chance to do the same. Whether they choose to or not, well, that's their decision. Why can my character not spend hours upon hours building himself a home, hire an alchemist to brew, a mage to shrink/enlarge/enchant, a priest who will resurrect me if I die and consecrate, at a cost obviously, if that's what I want to do? Is that unfair, no absolutely not, because anybody can do it. All things like this do is make players want to log on. The ones who aren't excited by the idea of adding layer upon layer to their character and wouldn't bother utilizing a system like this usually play a char with some sort of OOC motivation anyways. Let me take an item, or ore, or furniture, or whatever to someone and have them make me what I want out of it. I'm not talking about adding scripts, just regular high level armor that has the enchantments my char needs. Let me buy a pet and train it. Let me spend a few days learning to pick locks. Let me follow around a tracker and learn to track. Let me learn to recharge things, or consecrate/enchant things. The end result is you don't have cookie cutter characters. You have characters who bother to take advantage of post GM opportunities to grow their character into a unique char who suits their play style.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:17 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
How about let's get rid of those stupid freaking NPCs ALL OVER the road east of Teron that that steal stuff from you and then immediately death-rot it when you kill them.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I'm not sure if I said this already, but players should be able to see one wilderness league away again, and characters with infravision should be able to see NPCs in dark rooms. The only thing both of those mechanics do is A) Make wilderness-based PvP and PvE extremely luck-based and require waiting on daylight in some areas and B) frustrate players who don't already know the names of NPCs in an area to help lure them out. I have no idea why the wilderness vision was reduced or honestly why it's never been possible to see NPCs in dark rooms if you have infravision.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 am 
Mortal

Is anyone else interested in disarm being a potential opening attack? Think about it. You walk into a room, where everyone's chilling and not generally in a combat stance. First thing you do is walk up and knock their weapon out of their hand. Would definitely make things a bit one-sided if you knocked it away before the fight even begins. :drunk:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next