Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brainstorm: What change(s) would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Dulrik wrote:
Opey wrote:
Tinkering (Gnome Only)
Mining (Dwarf only?)

I like them, but they are probably full out trade skills that should be open to anyone.

Opey wrote:
Rock Collecting (Giant Only)

I like it.

Opey wrote:
Masseuse (Elf/Deep-elf only?)

Not sure I like this one, but it is really thinking outside the box. I would like inns to retain their unique benefits.

Opey wrote:
Shopkeeper

Another interesting one, but not sure how well it would work in practice. Between people not finding your vendor and/or trying to kill and loot the vendor, I'm not sure it would be a very satisfying experience.

D,

Thanks for commenting on my ideas. You liked my "bad" ideas and didn't seem so keen on my "good" ideas, though. :lol: Maybe I should explain them a bit more.

Tinkering is a gnome thing. This tradition seems to hold true for a lot of fantasy-based worlds. Whatever Tinkering becomes, I think it should remain gnome-only. To be honest, combining tools to form a swiss-army knife style of tool only sounds cool if tools are actually useful. Right now they really aren't. The only tools that people use regularly are shovels. Maybe that will change when the onset of Trade Skills.

Mining certainly is not unique to dwarves but I wanted to start a conversation about racial Trade Skills. Should there be Trade Skills that are only available to certain races? I think so. It makes those races more unique and provides another reason to play a race.

The resting bonus on Masseuse is only meant for the one person that gets the massage. It also requires a consumable (oil or perfume). It should only last 3 ticks, maybe 5 once the person has mastered their Trade Skill. It should also come with a large PE cost to the masseuse. With those drawbacks, I don't see inns becoming obsolete. It also provides something intriguing that might play toward a certain crowd in SK. Hey, some weirdos like that aspect of the game.

If people aren't finding your vendor when using the Shopkeeper Trade Skill, then you are doing it wrong. You should find a better, more trafficked area. And, yes, people can go and kill your vendor. They would be subject to the law of the kingdom you put your vendor in, and the attacker wouldn't get much from it since vendors don't give up their loot when killed/stunned anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Opey wrote:
vendors don't give up their loot when killed/stunned anymore.

Wow. Those were the good ole days.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Opey,

Ignoring the odd aspect of the massage, I think it's a decent idea. If your crew is out adventuring and your healer needs to regain mana to make it somewhere quick, 2-5 ticks would be enough to fill a mana pool and you could be on your way. Perhaps a cool down timer of 10-15 mins would be applicable for this.
I'm unsure if heavy PE drain would be needed or if it would sort of neuter the skill. If gnomes don't have PE drain for tinkering, elf/Delf shouldn't have it either.

Tinkering seems cool. But how many tools are actually used in SK? If it was possible to start a fire and cook severed limbs, turning them into steaks, then a tinderbox would be useful. Shovel? Always useful. Does anybody really use a sextant? What other tools would be that useful?

Boulders? Is that like herbalism? Make the Boulder super powerful and it might be worth it. But idk if giants want to pick up a bunch of pebbles that constantly add weight? Idk.

I like the idea of race-based trade skills. But that does limit snowflake-ability.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:21 pm 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:
Opey,

Ignoring the odd aspect of the massage...

Bruh,

Weird people are weird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:49 pm 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:
Opey,

Ignoring the odd aspect of the massage,

I've never found his massages to have an odd aspect :devil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:00 am 
Mortal

Gambling (halfling only)

While any race can place a bet, Halfling take it to a while new level. The Halfling gambler could be called a thief by anyone else's standards and it would probably be appropriate. Choose a target (or victim) and after a brief game (lag), the Halfling gains money from the target. And it's totally legal, too! The amount is limited by the amount of money the victim has and by the skill of the gambler. Once a gamble has been made, the victim is wise enough to gamble again with the same person.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:51 pm 
Mortal

Opey wrote:
Gambling (halfling only)

While any race can place a bet, Halfling take it to a while new level. The Halfling gambler could be called a thief by anyone else's standards and it would probably be appropriate. Choose a target (or victim) and after a brief game (lag), the Halfling gains money from the target. And it's totally legal, too! The amount is limited by the amount of money the victim has and by the skill of the gambler. Once a gamble has been made, the victim is wise enough to gamble again with the same person.

It's not really gambling if there's no risk involved, perhaps if you fail your gamble you chance losing coin to the victim? Or if that's too harsh, then if you fail your gamble then the victim is instantly wise to you and "alerts" everyone in the room of your dirty gambling tactics making them all wise to you. Time to pick up shop and move on for a few hours.

Maybe an intelligence/dexterity save against gambling?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 am 
Mortal

Really the only thing I'm interested in is marksmanship. Let me know if that ever happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 am 
Mortal

This is a radical suggestion...

Get rid of the swashbuckler class. Give taunt to mercenaries. Give dual wielding and finesse to rogues (rogues should lose shield block). Give heckle to bards. Kip could also go to rogues. Riposte... Deleted?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:33 pm 
Mortal

Opey wrote:
This is a radical suggestion...

Get rid of the swashbuckler class. Give taunt to mercenaries. Give dual wielding and finesse to rogues (rogues should lose shield block). Give heckle to bards. Kip could also go to rogues. Riposte... Deleted?

Mercenary class is already pretty much considered god tier, Giving them something as potent as taunt seems a bit overpowered.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next